Hey, I have a Les Paul through a Line 6 Floor Pos @.0 into an Ibanez toneblaster amp and im looking for like a good nofx/rancid tone, can anybody help me out? thanks!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Have a scope at the Line6 forums. Some very good info over there.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
man you'll never have a nofx/rancid tone without their guitars their heads and cabinets and their pedals i was lookin' for these things a time ago then i realized : i like el hefe and melvin's sound but the best thing you can do is make your own sound
Quote by DCarney9116
Hey, I have a Les Paul through a Line 6 Floor Pos @.0 into an Ibanez toneblaster amp and im looking for like a good nofx/rancid tone, can anybody help me out? thanks!

Freudian slip much?

Thinnish, trebly distorted tone
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Both of NOFX's guitarists have quite different guitar tones, since El Hefe plays a Telecaster and Melvin usually plays a Les Paul. Generally, you'll want a relatively high gain sound, with a very slight cut in the mids and a small boost of the treble. I believe both guitarists play Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers, at least I know El Hefe does, so you're not really going to be able to emulate their tone exactly, especially if your amp is solid state. Overall, keep the EQ as I said and make sure the gain is a modern Mesa Boogie type sound.
I mostly play metal, but i listen to a very wide variety of music. Its just nice to see nofx and rancid mentioned. I love their music. ive never understood why people say i like punk, metal sucks, or i like metal punk sucks. i even listen to country. Some of the best players in the world get no recognition as guitarists, but they are in the country genre. Have you ever listened to any bluegrass? Those guys are lightning fast. I know i am way off topic, and i apologize. Just nice to see and shocked to see nofx and rancid in a guitar thread. Those guys are not usually associated with great musicianship.
yeah thanks for the suggestions, and yeah I love all sorts of music too, but I have seen both NoFx and Rancid live and they were great!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp