hey every1, i'v been playing bass for nearly a year now and i really love it, heres my problem, i have a crappy bass guitar so i am going 2 buy a new one.
it would be good if anyone could post any suggestions i'm gonna spend up to $1000.
i play all types of genres but i am a big fan of metal and rock. i was looking at buying a Warwick Vampyre rock bass... what do u think?
What amp do you have, always remeber crappy bass + good amp > good bass + crappy amp

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
true yea i'm gonna get a new amp 2, but hopfully thats what that big box in the cupboard that ill get for Christmas is
Ah, another aussie. Our prices our some of the worst in world. If I was you, and I was in your situation early last year, so I know, save up and get a fender jazz or precision, whichever you prefer. That said, I've never tried a Vampyre so it might suit you, but I recommend you try as many as you can and make a decision then

Sanity is not statistical
I know my friend, and i tell you what....the looks are second to everything else on that bass. One of Fenders best i think, despite the price. playable as a motherfcker, the neck is so quick.

I had one and i sold it, stupidly. I love my Urge II, but i want another MM.
I recently got a Karrera Aus Flag bass, HyperSexy to look at and play, plus its perfect for Metallica and AC/DC, and it only cost $200

...You have no idea what Karrera is do you?
Quote by MisterNickster
I recently got a Karrera Aus Flag bass, HyperSexy to look at and play, plus its perfect for Metallica and AC/DC, and it only cost $200

Those el cheapos from teh ebay powersellers?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
First off IMO don't buy Fender - overpriced and paying for the name. They're are loads of cheaper versions that sound and play just as well.

I'd say go for the Ibanez SR500 or if you can stretch, the SR700. Both seriously good basses.
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
Quote by Stan_da_man
First off IMO don't buy Fender - overpriced and paying for the name. They're are loads of cheaper versions that sound and play just as well.

explain to me this please. that Fender Bass plays amazingly, and is underpriced for Fender because it is Japanese. it is a great bass. what is wrong with Fenders?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
used stingray should do great also a fender p or jazz worksand you also may be able to get a good G&L
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
So from other threads 1000 usie is alot is it. So what maybe a fender mim jaz bass. And then uprade as you get the chance.It s a nice bass and the Only difference Between it and the mia is that the mia comes with a Hard case (btw thats a joke)
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
G&L Tribute L-2500
just picked it up a couple weeks ago.
very beautiful
can play any tone you can imagine
~$800 US
Quote by MisterNickster

Dude! Ive got the one with a union jack on it... soon to be replaced by an Ibanez SRX in about a week
this is basicaly the EXACT same thread i was planning on posting! i ordered the same bass yesterday.
if this isnt counted as thread jacking, would i need to change the string guage to reach standard? as the one i played a few weeks ago was set to 1 step down. (i don't want to risk tightening the strings as soona s i have got it..) if this is thread jacking, please tell me
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
it will be fine to keep those same strings.

and it isn't really that awful, don't worry about jacking the thread.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Fender Jazz or Precision Bass (Which ever you prefer)

or a Fender Jaguar Bass

Or a used Music Man StingRay
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by the humanity
explain to me this please. that Fender Bass plays amazingly, and is underpriced for Fender because it is Japanese. it is a great bass. what is wrong with Fenders?

Will you stop questioning every post I give? Are you that dumb that I have to explain to you every single little thing? What bass is "that Fender Bass" anyway? Tokai, ESP and Blade all make basses that pwn P's and J's.
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
So let me get this straight...TS like the Vampyre, and you all tell him to save up and get a Fender. Is this some sort of automated response? The two are nothing alike. The Aerodynes and Jazz 24 are the closest they have. (Not that they're bad...)

TS, I'd look through Ibanez, Traben, Yamaha, ESP, Peavey, and maybe G&L and EBMM. Those all seem like they'd fit your style better, and all but maybe EBMM get you more bang-for-your-buck. The Fenders are fine too, if you like them, and there's certainly nothing wrong with the Warwick if you want to get it, though I'll have to warn that it has a very high-mid centered tone. It'll cut through quite nicely, and they sound good to me, but some people aren't fond of them.

edit: and try to go somewhere and try some of these out
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by bassman204
hey every1, i'v been playing bass for nearly a year now and i really love it, heres my problem, i have a crappy bass guitar so i am going 2 buy a new one.
it would be good if anyone could post any suggestions i'm gonna spend up to $1000.
i play all types of genres but i am a big fan of metal and rock. i was looking at buying a Warwick Vampyre rock bass... what do u think?

Get a Schecter Bass. Those are some of the most supreme sounding basses for your playing genre's, and they are semi-cheap. around 700, 800 tops. Besides, there sexy.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter,4-String-Electric-Electric-Bass.gc
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Quote by DeltaFunk
Fender Jazz or Precision Bass (Which ever you prefer)

or a Fender Jaguar Bass

Or a used Music Man StingRay

Normally I would agree full-heartedly on a Stingray, they are god over all other bases, in my eyes. BUT, he is looking for within 1k, and sting rays usually go for about 1.5k+, you know?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Quote by Stan_da_man

I'd say go for the Ibanez SR500 or if you can stretch, the SR700. Both seriously good basses.

One minor point to consider is the resale value if you want to trade up, Tokai were as good if not better than Fender according to some, but a Fender will usualy fetch more on a trade in.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn