Do you keep it in its case all the time when you are not using it, or do you just leave it on a stand?

I put my PGM in my case, but have a question to ask, my case is not lying flat on the ground, its on the floor positioned like a briefcase, could this be damaging the guitar in any way? Don't like the thought of my guitar lying on its side all the time

Thanks

Anthony
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
I dont know if it can damage your guitar, but the cases are meant to be carried like a briefcase so it shouldnt damage your guitar. I keep it flat on my floor though.
in my case....my kids already knocked my G400 on the floor so I dont use the stands anymore
yea i guess that's what I'm scared of. Think I'm going to start laying mine flat on the floor, just feels safer to me
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
I have an ibanez js100 and a gibson sg special, both cost around the £500 mark. The Sg stays in a hard case all the time and the ibanez on a guitar stand in my room.
it should be fine, dude.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
I keep mine in the case, the same way as you.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Small falls like that won't do anything, it's prefectly safe unless you stand it on its end.
^ + 1 locking hercules hangars

btw you say you dont like the idea of your guitar lying on its side in the case, but how do you hold it when you play it? on its side... its not going to damage it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
but they don't stop the dust from getting under the pickups / headstock :P guess I'm being a bit over the top now!
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Leaving it on a stand in plain view allows spontaneous playing. Who knows how many songs you missed composing because it takes too long to unpack your gear? :-)

Quote by mrrman
my kids already knocked my G400 on the floor so I dont use the stands anymore
Someone should invent a stand for kids. :-/
Yeah, leaving your guitar out will make you want to play it more than if you were to put in case or anything.
My dean always goes back in its case and gets setup and cleaned by a tech at least once a year.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
In its case. On its side like a brief case. I once laid it flat on the ground and my 5 year old walked right on top of it. Never again.

Don't stand your case up tall either. They have a tendancy to slip right to the ground.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Is it a guitar? Yes. Do you have a guitar stand? Yes. Do you want to be able to reach it without taking so long that inspiration fades? Yes.

/question

As for leaving the case on it's side, I don't see why it would.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39