The Stray Cats. Honestly im from a mostly hardcore punk backround and recently ive really been gettin into them and many rockabilly and psychobilly bands.
Last edited by askingforit176 at Nov 7, 2008,
I like Stray Cats a lot. I'm not even into rockabilly or psychobilly normally, but I do like the Stray Cats.
Never got past their singles.

Stray Cat Strut sounds like a lesser version of Blank Generation.

They're not bad I suppose. Setzer is certainly a good player.

haven't listened to 'em in years though.
I like what I've heard.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
yeah i think the two albums oor so they put out are pretty good. i prefer the cramps and the meteors personally but i find then enjoyable. i was just wondering how others felt about them
Brian Setzer is a f*cking fantastic guitarist, but f*ck rockabilly.

Sorry, but I think that playing retro 3 chord shit f*cking sucks.
I used to love 'em, but I get tired of rockabilly really quickly. That being said, Brian Setzer is wonderful, especially in that other band of his, I forget the name.
Oh, I was going to say, it shouldn't've been that hard to remember that one!

I wasn't aware of another Setzer group. Alka Setzer?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
The Brian Setzer Orchestra?

dude, I used to love the Brian Setzer Orchestra.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
I dislike them a lot, except for Stray Cat Strut. But why would I listen to that when I could listen to Blank Generation?

Jack my swag
Quote by sargasm
I like Stray Cats a lot. I'm not even into rockabilly or psychobilly normally, but I do like the Stray Cats.

x2
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
I hate these "What do the p0nx think of..." threads.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by neidnarb11890
x3

x4

Although I do like the BSO better.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
They're really overrated. Their problem is that they imitated '50s rockabilly bands and didn't add anything new. All nostalgia(sp?), no real originality.
Another thing is worth mentioning is that very few people have ever looked as cool as they did back in the day.
Quote by sargasm
Another thing is worth mentioning is that very few people have ever looked as cool as they did back in the day.

tru that. except maybe for mike ness around 92