Hi i have a gt8 and im not happy with its high gain. I thought about buying a pod but i dont want to spend much money and i dont use a lot of effects on a processor. I first thought of buying pod xt live but then i saw pod 2.0. can i get the same gain from these two? cos they have the same modellings for high gain i guess. is it true need real help...
The XT is a newer model, so you'll likely have more/better options. Its got WAY more gain that I'd EVER need, but I don't play much hi gain music at all, so I really don't know what is tonnes of gain and what isn't. I think its got plenty though. But don't take my word for it, try it out. :P

And I love that the XT Live is a floor model, so I have instant foot access to everything while playing, but if that doesn't matter, I'd say try them both and see which one better does what you need.
honestly, i'd go for the XT. i do trust line 6, despite what everyone says about the spider series. i personally love mine. people don't take the time to read instructions.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
PODxt+time and effort=gold. Really, for live use it obviously lacks some beef that only tubes can give you but it sounds awesome for recordings and smaller gigs/rehearsals. I do gig with it sometimes though for portability and it does hold up, but well for hi-gain tube amps are always the way to go...
Hmm i want to be able to play in flames and swedish melodic death stuff and also finnish melodic death like children of bodom wintersun etc. i can play bodom with gt8 but i cant get a in flames sound. so ok pod xt live is good for high gain but what about pod 2.0? or other cheap line 6 products?
hey blind guardian what do u think of the amp models on the gt8?
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
You may want to check the line6 forum and ask about the metal pack. i don't have that on my Xtl. Mine is good up to iron maiden, danzig (about as heavy as I get). Haven't really ventured beyond that.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Nov 7, 2008,
The PodXT, XTL, X3, and X3L all do metal, high gain, whatever you want to call it very well. As long as you're willing to put some time into reading the manual and tweaking, a Pod is a great tool for recording, practice and live use.
Quote by blind.quardian
Ok but what about cheaper line 6 stuff like pod 2.0? can it do metal the same way xts do?

Maybe, but the quality isn't as good. Xtl has updated processor and some bells and whistles that the 2.0 just can't deal with. Don't scimp here. The xtl is far beyond the 2.0 and you'll be glad you got it in the end.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Personally i find the xt live a great tool but its models do have their problems.

The first of which is digital fizz on the high gain amp sims. theres tricks to reducing this but you will never get rid of it. Sadly this wont be apparent on any recordings you hear and you will have to hear it for your self to truly appreciate what I mean.

The second is the fact that all amp sims sound like the have compression on permanently. Its most apparent when you pick any note and theres volume spike at the exact moment the pick hits the string.

Other than that the XT is great with the extra metal pack. Tons of choices for amps cabs and mics . As others have said tweaking is a long process and ultimately fulfilling experience.

As for Pod2 theres only really a couple of high gain amp sims that are available and usable. It will do hot rod marshall and mesa sounds no problem but thats about it.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I have a Pod XT Live and love it...amazingly handy for home practice and recording, easy to take to a gig. I'm currently in the process of ordering an Atomic 112-18...out of stock right now

I haven't ever used a Pod 2.0.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by halikus
Personally i find the xt live a great tool but its models do have their problems.

The first of which is digital fizz on the high gain amp sims. theres tricks to reducing this but you will never get rid of it. Sadly this wont be apparent on any recordings you hear and you will have to hear it for your self to truly appreciate what I mean.

I'd agree with this back when I'd had it for a month or so, but I EQ'd it out. I think the reason you can't hear it on recordings is for the very reason that those who record with it have learned how to tweak it properly, shameless self-promotion aside I have some vids and soundclips on my profile that are all recorded with the PODxt Live, and I don't think it sounds fizzy.
Last edited by Aziraphale at Nov 8, 2008,
The high end fizz is easy to dial out. Anyone who says it isn't never took the time to tweak or doesn't know how to utilize the EQ.