ok so im going to kingston tomorow and theres a guitar there that i want. it is a 1960 Japanese Fender strat. Ive been looking it up but i cant seem to find anything about jap fenders before 1982, but anyways ive played it before and its a sick guitar so when i go to see it again, im going to check the serial code and what not. ANYWAYS what i really need to know is....

1. anythign you can tell me about a 1960 jap strat
2. everything and anything i need to know about buying a used guitar, like what to look for to make sure its not goina die on me
3. if $750 (canadian) is a fair price
GET IT

It can't be Japaneese. Stratocasters in the 60's where made in California. if the buyer said its a jap then it can't from 1960....
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
ok thanks!
any tips on what to look for so i dont come home with a half broken guitar lol?

and when i get there im goina ask the guy about the 1960 jap thing too
Last edited by michaelbot9000 at Nov 7, 2008,
Reissue?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
chances are its a 62 reisuuse strat like mine
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
probably reissue. jap strats are worth about 500 american. do the math? either way if it plays good and you like it get it. id buy a good playing jap over a good playing american anyday just to save the extra cash.
Quote by michaelbot9000
Ive been looking it up but i cant seem to find anything about jap fenders before 1982,

that's because japanese fenders weren't made before 1982...

odds are it's just a 1960s Japanese reissue, but get the serial # etc. so you can check it out, just to be sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?