This morning, i went to see my department head at university to tell him I wanted to intermit (essentially, take a year out and carry on next year at the same stage I am now), because I've been having some big personal problems (Mainly based around running out of money too quickly & having to scrounge my way through survival). I talked to the bank today, as my account was over-due an overdraft review, and they maxed my limit to 1500, essentially giving me 1000 free. I know I have to repay at some stage, but hell - my debt problems are cured
I'm going to use some of my semi-loan to buy back my Gibson SG i sold 2 weeks ago to make ends meet.
Don't ask me why I'm saying this to the pit, but **** THIS, I've not been this happy since busted split I've learned my lesson, and just feel better than I have done in years
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
That's great. For you.

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

BUT DUDE! THAT'S MY OPINION! JUST LIKE PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS THAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS! IT JUST CAN'T BE CHALLENGED BECAUSE IT'S YOUR OPINION!

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
Its only noon how are you having a good day? Tis early.....

yes i am joking.
"I'm already $500 bucks in debt and I just got a $1000 dollar loan there by making me $1500 dollars in debt. TIME TO GO SPEND IT ALL ON A GUITAR"

You are an idiot. Pay your bills and then go get a job. You will regret it later if you just blow that money.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
^true - it'll only cost me 150, and I'm job-hunting as we speak.
And also, I'ms tudying drama, so the whole idiot thing is kind of standard ground
The rig:
Newcastle United
It's a faded special - crack in the hadstock, otherwise I could';ve got 250, and when one is broke, I'm hardly in a position to haggle. But screw it, it's mine and I want it back, so I'm gonna get it. My one big expense, and then I'm on my 10-a-day plan
EDIT: Also, thanks to sorting my finances, I don't need to drop out anymore, as the mainr eason why i was dropping out has been resolved. so to you
The rig:
Newcastle United
Quote by nebiru
"I'm already $500 bucks in debt and I just got a $1000 dollar loan there by making me $1500 dollars in debt. TIME TO GO SPEND IT ALL ON A GUITAR"

You are an idiot. Pay your bills and then go get a job. You will regret it later if you just blow that money.

This.
Go get a labour-intensive high-paying job.
Last edited by Mudmen190 at Nov 7, 2008,
Quote by Korzack
It's a faded special - crack in the hadstock, otherwise I could';ve got 250, and when one is broke, I'm hardly in a position to haggle. But screw it, it's mine and I want it back, so I'm gonna get it. My one big expense, and then I'm on my 10-a-day plan

£10 a day? Or 10 ciggies?

Tis doable, easily really. I'm just glad I don't have to do that anymore!
Quote by nebiru

I kinda thought that until I read that he was buying back his own guitar. Sentimental value and all that shizzle.
But yeh, get a job.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by nebiru

True, seriously, having that $1,500 debt which you will eventually have to pay back with additional overdraft fees is not a nice thing to have looming over you. Never put yourself into debt like that, being in the plus side of money rather that the red will make you feel happier rather than bringing undue stress.

Sounds like you could get a much better guitar later. You really need to ask yourself if you need it immediately, it could be something you regret later...
Quote by ravioli123
True, seriously, having that $1,500 debt which you will eventually have to pay back with additional overdraft fees is not a nice thing to have looming over you. Never put yourself into debt like that, being in the plus side of money rather that the red will make you feel happier rather than bringing undue stress.

Sounds like you could get a much better guitar later. You really need to ask yourself if you need it immediately, it could be something you regret later...

A) It's £'s, not $'s

B) Student overdrafts don't suffer the same charges as normal ODs.

C) All students do this.
it's interest free. Bless student accounts
And to answer one's question... yup, i don't have one right now. I was going to buy as kramer vanguard, but that can wait till later - Maybe the summer, next term I'm buying a 30W valve combo. But yeah, I got myself into this mess, I can get myself out again - I'm just frickin happy I got the lucky break
The rig:
Newcastle United
(Also, when i graduate I've got 3 years of student teaching loans and maintenance loans to pay off, which will number in the £13,000 anyway - I've got a good handle on the situation now. I've had a frickin' huge scare (admittedly, my fault), but I'm job-hunting, I've got a weekly budget of £70 to keep going on, so I don't go nuts in the first week like i did this time EVER again (I think of it as my "10-a-day" plan - like 5 a day, only twice as good)
The rig:
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
(Also, when i graduate I've got 3 years of student teaching loans and maintenance loans to pay off, which will number in the £13,000 anyway - I've got a good handle on the situation now. I've had a frickin' huge scare (admittedly, my fault), but I'm job-hunting, I've got a weekly budget of £70 to keep going on, so I don't go nuts in the first week like i did this time EVER again (I think of it as my "10-a-day" plan - like 5 a day, only twice as good)

Seeing these kinda numbers makes me glad I'm not, and probably never will be, a student!
I expected this to be another thread about a 14 year old getting amazing head from his girlfriend for 30 seconds before sticking it in her and having mindblowing sex for 3 minutes straight.

Anyways, on topic. You really shouldn't spend that money on a guitar. Use it to pay off some existing debts. That will put more money in your wallet per paycheck, money that will eventually buy you a guitar without limiting your room to breathe, so to speak.
Quote by saphrax
Seeing these kinda numbers makes me glad I'm not, and probably never will be, a student!

I got that wrong - the maintenance loan is 4 grand + a year, so it's more like 13K + 9K = 22K for a degree. You could pay for a UK tour on that kinda cash...
The rig:
Newcastle United
Quote by saphrax

Yep, me too
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by saphrax

Students make me glad that I'm not a student
O.... Okay, guilty
The rig:
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
This morning, i went to see my department head at university to tell him I wanted to intermit (essentially, take a year out and carry on next year at the same stage I am now), because I've been having some big personal problems (Mainly based around running out of money too quickly & having to scrounge my way through survival). I talked to the bank today, as my account was over-due an overdraft review, and they maxed my limit to 1500, essentially giving me 1000 free. I know I have to repay at some stage, but hell - my debt problems are cured
I'm going to use some of my semi-loan to buy back my Gibson SG i sold 2 weeks ago to make ends meet.
Don't ask me why I'm saying this to the pit, but **** THIS, I've not been this happy since busted split I've learned my lesson, and just feel better than I have done in years

So... You have no money, the bank give you an extended over draft and this could make your money worries go away for a short while, and then you go spend it on a £1000 guitar!?

What are you? Retarded?

Dude.... Your debt problems are not cured, you have marginally made your situation worse if anything....

Im not gonna preach to you as to what you should have done with the money: Pay rent, buy food etc... I just find it amazing that you could just...

Dude, are you high!?

Edit:

You are repaying £13 000 for your student loans :O

Lucky bastard... £18k and counting.... Well Im doing a placement year next year so bye bye debts xD
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Last edited by Guitardude19 at Nov 7, 2008,
Quote by Guitardude19
So... You have no money, the bank give you an extended over draft and this could make your money worries go away for a short while, and then you go spend it on a £1000 guitar!?

What are you? Retarded?

Dude.... Your debt problems are not cured, you have marginally made your situation worse if anything....

Im not gonna preach to you as to what you should have done with the money: Pay rent, buy food etc... I just find it amazing that you could just...

Dude, are you high!?

Edit:

You are repaying £13 000 for your student loans :O

Lucky bastard... £18k and counting.... Well Im doing a placement year next year so bye bye debts xD

The gibson will only cost 150, as I mentioned before. Calm down, I may be a drama student, but I'm not THAT dumb
The rig:
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
The gibson will only cost 150, as I mentioned before. Calm down, I may be a drama student, but I'm not THAT dumb

Oh.... Somehow I thought you spent £1000 on a guitar... xD

Oh well...
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Oh.... Somehow I thought you spent £1000 on a guitar... xD

Oh well...

I wish...

Maybe when I graduate - It;'s either that or I get a tatoo of a pretzel on my arse
(Well Staffordshire's emblem is apparently a rope know, but it blatantly looks Pretzel shaped)
And besides, I'd find an escuse to blow a grand on an amp first! Disturbance orders, here we go!... Joking
The rig:
Newcastle United
dude why do you even have to spend money every day? Im also a student on loan from the government, and the last thing i want to think about is spending that money. You dont have to buy that beer, or that cd, or that shirt, or that meal. That's not what the loan is for, and you're abusing it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬