I'm gasing again, and I need some help. Fender Telecasters have really caught my eye recently, and the Baja sounds like a sound guitar. I'm just a little concerned about the tone. All the demo's I have found on youtube are for the silly country twang stuff, and is played by old dudes. How well does it handle distortion, like Bleach Era Nirvana, X-Ray Spex, The Jam, etc?

And anyone know how I pronounce Baja?

Thanks...
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Well, it has S1 switching, so it will give (in theory) and humbucking tone. However, the single coils might not cut it, but Kurt Cobain used single coils, so yeah.

If that made sense.

And the best way to see if it's good is to play it, and you'll know if you like it. What one likes may not be liked by another, so you can't always trust other people.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeh, I suppose. And thanks for the clarification on pronunciation.
Out of interest, anyone else got one?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
dunno, i was looking at it while back as well, so it'll be cool to find out if someone knows

p.s. good choice in music! xray spex rule

and your right, in spanish baja means short & is pronounced ba-ha, lol mi amigo es baja
yer. I thought so, but someone laghed at me and said "badger". They don't know jack squat bout guitars though. Silly insecure me.

Does it come in finishes other than the desert sand and blonde?

mi hablo espanol.....aussi......
CuSO4

Last edited by Hereiwas at Nov 7, 2008,
Quote by Lil Macker
Well, it has S1 switching, so it will give (in theory) and humbucking tone. However, the single coils might not cut it, but Kurt Cobain used single coils, so yeah.

While he did sometimes, he usually used a humbucker I thought. Im pretty sure most of his guitars had humbuckers on it, even most of his mustangs he modified to put a humbucker in the bridge.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Man, I got the Baja about a month ago and it's awesome. I don't play any country twang stuff and the tone is sweet as. I love the black keys and it does that raw&gritty sound really well and it distorts well through my marshall avt50. The S1 is handy and does give a thick humbucker sound but I mostly use the bridge and it kicks ass.
It only comes in the blonde (mine) and desert sand. The finish is thin and it resonates a lot! Fat neck though, so if you don't like those...