learnt highway to hell solo, i want to keep playing harder and harder solos until i can play faster/better etc.

something a bit faster than highway to hell, but same kind of length.
cheers guys.
let there be rock
fade to black
whole lotta rosie
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Stairway to Heaven

Just remember that this isn't guitar hero...there's no levels or unlocks and no rewards for "beating" other people. With the guitar everything new you learn helps you develop, learning "easy" solos is just as valuable as learning "harder" ones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
enter sandman solo is easy. firts solo of fade to black and welcome home (sanetarium)
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by steven seagull
Stairway to Heaven

Just remember that this isn't guitar hero...there's no levels or unlocks and no rewards for "beating" other people. With the guitar everything new you learn helps you develop, learning "easy" solos is just as valuable as learning "harder" ones.

Very true. But learning "good" solos is infinitely more value than learning "bad" ones, and so it's good to ask for advice on which ones to learn.
And yeah, stairway to heaven.
Talking about Zep, Communication Breakdown's a great solo, might be just a little tough, but it's the same sort of length and style.
Fire and water by Free
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by Rock Pig
Very true. But learning "good" solos is infinitely more value than learning "bad" ones, and so it's good to ask for advice on which ones to learn.
And yeah, stairway to heaven.
Talking about Zep, Communication Breakdown's a great solo, might be just a little tough, but it's the same sort of length and style.

True, but there's not many "bad" solos out there - however there seems to be a misguided belief out there that you have to be constantly learning harder things to get better and it's not the case.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 7, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
There aren't very many bad solos on records though.

Fair enough.
There are ones that wouldn't benefit his playing much, but I digress. It IS hard to go wrong, because learning a new solo or even the whole song is NEVER a bad thing, so long as you're using the right fingering and not developing habits, which is a different matter entirely.
Yeah - even learning a shit solo is going to help a bit as long as you make the effort to learn it properly
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i mean like, im trying to keep building up my soloing skill
like, imagine jenga, and highway to hell is my first one, and each block is a bit harder/faster until eventually i can play to the speed i want
Quote by T.A Tempest
i mean like, im trying to keep building up my soloing skill
like, imagine jenga, and highway to hell is my first one, and each block is a bit harder/faster until eventually i can play to the speed i want

Then you have a massive jenga tower of pure rock! <3

Try Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult. Greatest riffs thread reminded me. Great solo, with only one particularly challenging phrase. But the tabs you'll find for the fast bit aren't great. I'll put the RIGHT way to play the fast bit up if I find time.