Okay, so christmas is approaching very quickly and I'm not sure what to get. Currently, I have a St. Blues Bluesmaster IV guitar (crazy guitar) and a roland microcube amp (not so crazy amp). I was thinking of maybe a new amp or a multi-effects pedal. However, I am a little concerned that the multi-effects won't sound so good through my microcube. I can probably spend about $250. I like classic rock and some metal. (i.e. ACDC, Avenged Sevenfold, As I lay dying, Black sabbath, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Silverstein, Slayer, etc.)

Please Help!
Gear:

St. Blues Bluesmaster IV
Vox AC4- ah-mazing lil amp
Roland Micro Cube- 1st amp... pretty crappy
a whole lotta picks

Am I the only one who has WON
THE GAME?

Yeah, I'm not too sure if a multi-fx would match well with a modeling amp. But you want to ask someone with more knowledge on that subject.

Could you maybe go used? People around here are always recommeding a Peavey Valveking. Or you could also go with a Vox Valvetronix for about that price new.. It sounds like the Vox would be pretty well suited for what you play. It's mid gain tones are good with some proper eq'ing. And where it's a hybrid you wouldn't have to crank it to loud levels to get the desired tones from it as it also comes with an attenuator. But the Vox is a modeling amp as well, so be aware of that. But from what I've heard and seen, it's geared towards more of your style than the cube.

And if you could manage to stretch your budget to about 5/600 USD you take a look at a B-52 At-112 or a Bugera? They've both got plenty of gain on tap in case you ever want to explore heavier things lol. And their cleans are good as well. Well, at least the B-52, I have no experiance with the Bugera, so you should ask someone who's fussed with them on that. But then again they may be overkill if you never plan on that lol.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Nothing,because I wouldn't pay to have a childhood fear strip for me,no matter what sick variation of the clown car routine they come up with.

Taste the Meat, Not the Heat.
LISTEN TO DEVIN TOWNSEND!
the only thing the wife is going to get me is a bogner ubershall head and cab. I bought her the diamond ring she wanted so she has to get me tne amp I want. Even if I spent $6000 more on the ring I am still making out pretty good i think.
Does anyone think an EQ pedal would do me any good? Or a fulltone OCD?
Gear:

St. Blues Bluesmaster IV
a whole lotta picks

Am I the only one who has WON
THE GAME?

Am I allowed to bump my own thread?
Gear:

St. Blues Bluesmaster IV