Well, I thought I should refresh my scale knowledge,
(I almost never learned/used it, and am learning the keyboard so it would be handy)

But anyway,
when thinking about what notes a minor scale or a mode has,
I always think about the major scale it comes from (mode) or which is the same as the minor scale.
Is this a bad thing in the long run?
Like when I think about B minor I don't know what notes it has got, but then I think: B minor -> D major f# c#.

Is that a bad thing in the long run? Should I really study that more, that when someone says e mixolydian that I immediately think f# c# g# and not a major first?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
U jus tneed to be accompanied by it's sounds. Like the characters of the modes soundwise. The easiest are Ionian & Aeolian. For me Mixolydian came quite natural too as wel as dorian and Lydian. You just need to listen music alot in those modes to get to know em basically.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I don't think it is a bad thing, as long as you have a method of finding the notes you require!

I think i do the same thing to be honest.

As long as you learn a major scale pattern over the entire fretboard and strings, you can use the corresponding major scale for your mode.
Quote by branny1982
I don't think it is a bad thing, as long as you have a method of finding the notes you require!

I think i do the same thing to be honest.

As long as you learn a major scale pattern over the entire fretboard and strings, you can use the corresponding major scale for your mode.

I actually haven't done it on any fretboard,
I started playing keyboard,
and wanted to be able to improvise on that one really well

thought: as soon as I know it on the keyboard, then it is easdy on the bass
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ