How can I convince my freind, a guitarist, to pick up bass? He expressed interest in learning and really wants one but is on the line about it, thinking that it might get in the way of his guitar playing. I argued that learning bass would improve guitar skills (and vice versa) so it would do nothing but good for him. Is there a song or a bassriff or whatever that will make a guitarist shit themselves and want to convert?
If you can't convert him, don't. If he is serious about playing bass he would have bought a bass by now.
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
give him some primus. he may like that.

don't force it, or you will get an opposite reaction.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
get him to play whatever he plays on guitar on bass... because usually that's really quick and rewarding, and gives you a feeling for the bass...

I'm a guitarist and a bassist, and I would never have wanted to play anything except what I already found fun... it really increases your learning curve too, because playing each instrument is *slightly* different, there's alot of similarities so you should take full advantage of that.
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
anything Metallica that has Cliff Burton like For Whom The Bell Tolls
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
Kidnap his family and hold him in a room with a gun to their heads until he learns the bass. Then kill one and tell him the others are next if he doesn't carry on playing bass forever.

Worked for me.
Angle of a guitarist who was once considering bass;

If he doesn't want to don't force it. Do try showing him this though. Back before it broke up, my old bands bassist quit, so I considered taking it up. Mainly because of this vid;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfDE-ZvfOwU

R.I.P. Ox
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
If you force him to, he will pick up his guitar and throw it at a very fast direction, usually pointed at you're face =]
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?