Hopefully this isn't already a thread. I used the Search Bar.

So, I work at a futon and bed store. Things aren't going great for us, and chances are when our lease runs out--we're going to close down. But, this doesn't stop people from coming in EVERYDAY and ask for a job. We can't hire anybody, it's already a risk having two employees.

Now here's the story. This kid is coming into the store every few days asking if we're hiring, we continue to tell him we're not--but that doesn't stop him. He just tried to pull a guilt trip on me; telling me that if he doesn't get a job, then he's going to be kicked out of his parents house, and he'll have to move to California--and he started crying..

The thing is, why am I supposed to worry about that? I have to pay pills, and save up money for school. I'm litterlly fighting for my job. I have to sell daily, and if I miss a sale, I have to double my next. I've got my own problems.. I can't put him above mine, especially when his solution would be a bigger problem for me.

Has anybody ever tried to guilt trip you into something?
Quote by HandsomeFrank

So, I work at a futon and bed store. Things aren't going great for us, and chances are when our lease runs out--we're going to close down. But, this doesn't stop people from coming in EVERYDAY and ask for a job. We can't hire anybody, it's already a risk having two employees.

Now here's the story. This kid is coming into the store every few days asking if we're hiring, we continue to tell him we're not--but that doesn't stop him. He just tried to pull a guilt trip on me; telling me that if he doesn't get a job, then he's going to be kicked out of his parents house, and he'll have to move to California--and he started crying..

The thing is, why am I supposed to worry about that? I have to pay pills, and save up money for school. I'm litterlly fighting for my job. I have to sell daily, and if I miss a sale, I have to double my next. I've got my own problems.. I can't put him above mine, especially when his solution would be a bigger problem for me.

Quote by HandsomeFrank

Stop buying pills.

Yeah people try to guilt trip me all the time, you have to learn to just ignore them and throw shit at them when they walk away.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Some bloke started saying me to me 'please man... I've got 3 kids and a wife... blah blah blah... I shot him anyway.
Quote by jmilli2
Some bloke started saying me to me 'please man... I've got 3 kids and a wife... blah blah blah... I shot him anyway.

>.> it was because he was black right?

Well in our new world order, it is YOU who get's shot!

HEIL OBAMA!!!

/joke

dude, I know your point: but have you told this to him?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I get it in my store, these people who are thicker than two planks, who don't know what a CV is think they can get a full time job, by saying "Please mate, the benefits you pay* for arent enough"

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Last edited by TheFly_1990 at Nov 7, 2008,
Oops. I meant pills AND bills. :p

I don't understand why somebody would stoop to that level to get a job. Plus, he showed me his weakness: he cried in front of me. What if I were to hire him, and had him close one night, and open the next morning? Would he cry then, too? I can't take that chance.
Quote by HandsomeFrank

I don't understand why somebody would stoop to that level to get a job. Plus, he showed me his weakness: he cried in front of me. What if I were to hire him, and had him close one night, and open the next morning? Would he cry then, too? I can't take that chance.

sorry just imagining that situation at my store, I Lol'd

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Dude, its california... theres ****ing jobs everywhere if you have any skill in anything, I'm living proof of that.

I dont even have a degree and I got a bitchin' IT job. Tell him to **** off, and that if he wants a job so bad he needs to take his ass to a staffing agency.

MC DONALDS IS ALWAYS HIRING.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Quote by HandsomeFrank
golly no. exactly what is this guilt trip thing you're talking about?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by jmilli2

Well done.
Quote by HandsomeFrank

Ah yes, capitalism at it's finest
Quote by HandsomeFrank

Yeah, you shouldn't have felt any remorse.
It's his problem and there's nothing you can do for him.
Even if y'all were hiring, bitching out like that and trying to guilt trip someone is no way to get a job.

So do you pop pills and sleep on the job or what?
Sounds pretty convienent.
And your sells may increase exponentionally.
Just think about it.

If I saw a saleman sleeping on one of the matresses, I would definitely take one.

[By take one, I mean steal it.
I'm not gunna wake your ass up to charge me for it.]
It's this thing called "Small Children". Little guil trip machines.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
The pills thing was a typo. :p

I had a girlfriend who tried guilt tripping because I wouldn't skip school to hang out with her. It was ridiculous.
Quote by Insanitydenied
It's this thing called "Small Children". Little guil trip machines.

He was at least seventeen years old..crying, because I denied his application..
Moving to California sounds pretty good actually.
Sig space available, give me some praise
California rock, I love living here and all the opportunities it has to offer.

That and theres always someone available to jam with, most people are cool, and the suns always shining
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
yes my "suicidal" mate did.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..