Damn I want this so much, But before I get it I need to know...

Does it come with Ableton Recording software? If not can I use Audacity?

Does it have a Fuzz bass Effect? (Sexual for playing Hysteria)

Is it a reliable piece of kit?

Would you say its a good buy for £60?
I hope reading this text untill the very end and every last punctuation wasted your time and approximately 5 seconds of your futile life

There is no Punctuation
Yes, to all. Normally it comes with Albertron but, it works with nearly any piece of software i know.
I'm not sure about the bass effect but yes it comes with Ableton Live Lite and it works with most sequencers such as Reaper or Audacity.

Keep in mind the gearbox software has some good reviews on the net however you may find out, (like I did) that you don't like the sound of the crunch and distortion channels...
I sold my toneport at the beginning of the year, it was crashing on vista anyways.

Also keep in mind they are 1.1USB connected interfaces so you will get some amount of latency.

They are fair little interfaces but nothing great and nothing worth buying the UX2 for. I call then "idea interfaces" simply because they are good enough to get ideas down for a budget setup but I would never use them for any of my songs I release on my website.
Just to warn you the Ableton Recording software is not the full version. Which means if you plan to use it seriously you will probably have to upgrade.

Also yes to all your questions.

I have the UX2 and it is great. I presume the UX1 is of similar quality.

Frankie
Quote by Frankie_Stone
Just to warn you the Ableton Recording software is not the full version. Which means if you plan to use it seriously you will probably have to upgrade.

Also yes to all your questions.

I have the UX2 and it is great. I presume the UX1 is of similar quality.

Frankie

yep the only difference between the UX1 and UX2 is number of inputs. The hardware and everything else is all the same.
In response to the guy above as far as I am aware they work with USB2 so the latency isn't too bad. However he is correct about them being "Idea interfaces". Although for £60 I think it is an excellent starting point.

Frankie
Sure you can plug them into a USB2.0 slot but its still a 1.1 speed connection.

Tweak's Guide:
The newer form of USB, based on the 2.0 spec, is theoretically capable of slightly exceeding the speeds and throughput of firewire, so USB2.0 devices can make good solutions for laptops or desktops that sport a USB 2.0 interface. There is a huge world of difference between USB 1.1 and 2.0. Never confuse the two; it's night and day difference in terms of performance.. Also never assume an interface is USB 2.0 unless it specifically says it is. If it just says "USB", then assume it is 1.1. Believe me, if it was 2.0, they would tell you. There are not that many USB 2.0 interfaces out, though it is changing. Some notable USB2.0 interfaces are the Tascam US122l and Tascam US144. There is also a version of the MOTU 828mk2 that is USB 2.0 instead of Firewire. Newer to the scene are the Emu 0404 and 0202, and the Alesis IO2.

http://www.tweakheadz.com/soundcards_for_the_home_studio-page2.htm

Trust me, I've been though this quite a few times... lol
So if I get the UX1 and I decide to upgrade, Could I just buy a UX2 and it will still work with the GX software?

and if it crashes on vista alot...

What are your processors and system stats (RAM, Optic Drive etc)
I hope reading this text untill the very end and every last punctuation wasted your time and approximately 5 seconds of your futile life

There is no Punctuation
To clear things up, I said it crashed a lot at the beginning of the year. That was when the drivers were new. I believe they fixed that issue now however I still don't trust line6 much...

My stats are as follows:
Acer Aspire T180 Desktop PC
Vista Business
2GB RAM
7200RPM Drives
8600GT Nvidia card
M-Audio 2496 PCI interface
AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+ 2.20GHz

The Gearbox software will work with any of the Toneports. It amp and FX modeling software combined with the driver install for the hardware meaning it must be installed in order to use a Toneport.