so...i have the line 6 spider 3 30 watt combo and i have a cab for a line 6 halfstack...

i was wondering if there was anyway i could basically use my combo as a "head for the amp" until i get money for it cuz i need to be just a little louder for our practices...

im assuming it wont work becuz the 30 watt doesnt pump enough power to run the cab but i figured i should ask all the UG "pit professionals" if there was any way...

oh and plz dont comment on the fact that im using line 6 gear (saying that will probly cause more stooooopid posts lol)

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
Yes, you can - as long as the cab is HIGHER power than the head or combo, it should work, BUT, to make this easy for you, just make sure to buy a SPEAKER CABLE (not a standard guitar instrument cable), and run it from the SPEAKER OUT 8 OHM from the combo to the matching input - I believe all Line 6 stuff, across the board, has 8 OHM inputs and outputs.

And don't worry about the Line 6 hating, I've seen Nine Inch Nails and Garbage live, to name just a couple bands, that sounded just amazing with POD PRO or POD XT Pro gear - Spiders don't sound that good, but it's good enough for what you're doing, better than what I started with, enjoy it.
THANK YOU! lol...i dont have my gear on hand to try it but i will...mostly saying thanks for the line 6 love lol...i personally really like them...especially the new bogners...line 6 was the best i could get at the time and the cab was free lol

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK