the amp im lookin at has volume control and a master, so is a volume pedal a good idea/ necessary??
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I have one and I use it a lot.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
You also have a volume control on your guitar...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
A Volume Pedal would really just be useful for raising and lowering your sound level, for let's say rhythm and lead, and it can also totally mute your tone. It's all in what your going to use it for.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
depends if you use one or not. there's a volume knob on your guitar which does the same thing, but some people prefer to do that with their feet as it's easier to mess with on the fly...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The fact that the amp has a master a gain controls should affect the need or un-need(?) for a volume pedal. You lower the amount of signal going in, and your preamp isn't going to overdrive as it would with the full signal.
I know people who swear that there volume pedal is best for swells, but I think I'm fine with just my volume knob. I do have the treble bleed mod done so that the tone is consistent through the whole spin.