i returned to guitar center today, after a few weeks. the last time i was there i fell in love with an old mesa heartbreaker, but just couldnt afford it. i spent some time researching it and found out it is capable of alot more than just the stuff that i did in the store. i played it again today for about 45 minutes. and decided i must have this amp.

i signed up for the guitar center credit card. No money down, no annual fee, 1 year no interest same as cash. I could walk out of the store with that amp, without spending a dime...............................

however, I was denied the credit card do to me being a student and lacking credit, just like i expected.
however i vowed that i will get this amp one way or another by the end of the calender year. what i need to know is, is there any amp that i need to try out before i commit to this.

i play blues rock. i rely on a big American 6l6 clean sound. i NEED versatility, i do alt of session work. I NEED reliability and at least 40 watts, i gig alot and will be going on tour this summer. budget is less that $1500 US.

please, no fender reissue suggestions please. thanks for your time.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Well, if you do a lot of session work and gig a lot and you know what you need, use the money from that and just by the Mesa.
The only two or three that I can think of are a used Mesa MK III, a Fender Super Sonic, or maybe a Mesa Blue Angel.

But I don't think they all do what the Heartbreaker can, though I've only played the first two suggestions I made.
i was all pumped for the super sonic, and then i tried it. it wasnt what i expected. i still want to find a Mesa blues angel to try it and a mesa lonestar.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
i would be buying the lonestar used.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
there is probably a great amp in your budget if you know what to look for
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Just to be a dick I know someone who has two. He'll never sell either the head or combo, but lordy those are nice amps. They can do everything! Well, they can't do metal, but still! Want!
mesa nomad maybe? i know you said 6l6, but if i recall correctly, you can swap 6l6s and el34s with the flip of a switch, just in case. also falls within your price range
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by minibrowny
Just to be a dick I know someone who has two. He'll never sell either the head or combo, but lordy those are nice amps. They can do everything! Well, they can't do metal, but still! Want!

yes they are amazing, arent they? i play everything but metal so thats good to hear haha
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.