Will a 4 x 12 cabinet fit into a sedan? How hard are they to move up and down stairs?

I originally wanted a combo until I found a deal for a Marshall 1960a on Craigslist, but I am skeptical about actually getting it to and from band practice.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
i would recommend either

a) leaving a combo at band practise and you stack at home

or

b) leaving your stack at band practise and having a combo at home.

depends on how often you play shows.

moving it up and down stairs is annoying as hell.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
if you have fold down seats then yes, but otherwise no. The 1960As are pretty large cabs. If you have a friend with a truck then I'd say go for it and get a small combo for at home practicing, but if not then get a combo.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Even 2x12 combos are a huge pain in the arse, probably because they have the amplifier built in so its very very heavy and very big, living with one isn't easy without much space to spare.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I have a JCM900 1960A and it's MASSIVE. And very heavy. You need two people to carry it unless you're very strong. I'm going to take it to where my band practice and leave it there.
I was able to get my 1960a into the back seat of my '98 Maxima....ONCE!! I never wanted to risk tearing the leather again. Sold it a month ago and bought a purple tolex Soldano 2x12....no worries now.
Guitar & Bass
My Laney 412 fits in the backseat of my car, BUT, I truly got tired of hauling it and a tube head around for gigs where a miced combo would suffice and be less hassle to get to and fro. So I got a combo as well. Having both is the best of both worlds.
So I guess I'm set on a combo then. It seems like a hassle to have a cabinet.
If its a good price, get it, if you decide to sell it on afterwards you are likely to get a profit.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
He wants $300 for it - I thought it was a great deal
I'm not exactly a big guy, but I can lift a 1960 into a car myself. they will fit in most if the seats fold down. just lie it on its back.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...