Not sure. You tell me. Crit for Crit.

My most precious thoughts have not been read or written, but vacuumed tightly in my fingers; aching to breathe at the stroke of every key. For old dreams I've made investments too tidy to die. Yet, to say it all would mean to sacrifice consollation, for a desperate fairytale. I choose to be confined a happy liar; betting on some pair of eyes, than a truthful man whose day has come and gone.
Last edited by clichealias at Nov 8, 2008,
i really like the first two sentences here, then the rest kind of gets into the territory of average. possibly try expanding off of the start in a different way and see where it goes from there?
i think the first two sentences would work as one, at least thats what my "GRAMMER ALERT" brain is telling me, eg as:

My most precious thoughts have not been read or written, but vacuumed tightly in my fingers; aching to breathe at the stroke of every key.

notes typos: vacuumed not vaccumed and fingers not fingers

also tense change, intentional? I chose to be instead of choose?

apart from that, very good, i like how open it was to interpretation, you dont get that often here.
Hmm, I like it. But I agree with ginjaninja, the first two lines are the best... Mine's in my sig
Quote by Ponyexpress
Grammar Nazis scare the living crap out of me mainly because I'm half Jewish

MY SONGS:
[thread="985311"]A Love/Hate Relationship[/thread]
[thread="985301"](All) I Can See[/thread]
[thread="983897"]My Heart is a Hand Grenade[/thread]
I like the premise, and i love the first two lines. THis just needs a little room to breath and a bit of character. Give it a little sparkle and here, and some clour there, and you'll have a really good piece. Links in my sig if you wanna give 'em a once over
kdownes has my thoughts outlined well; this piece needs space. It just doesn't feel lenghtly enough or congregated well.
You have some smashing ideas here that were just a little waisted. That's harsh, I know, but I do feel genuine about what I am saying.

- "For old dreams I've made investments too tidy to die. Yet, to say it all would mean to sacrifice consollation, for a desperate fairytale." - For a short piece, I didn't like a third of it. The wording here was annoying and to be honest, the wordy termanology and relatively complicated analogies (the ones I gathered, anyway) were all too forced. It almost read like a clash between honest, humbling, thought provoking ramblings and a bloody thesuarus. Ramblings should be contained, but not by the roots of a book like a Dictionary. I know that what I just described could well be entirely innacurate, but it is the way I read it to be.

Digitally Clean
Concept is fantastic, and your first line is gold. The rest needs to breathe a bit. It's saying a lot, and a little space would give it more room to be understood.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

This all felt robotic and tight. There was no personality... it was simply and idea on a page. Pretty decent image in the first line (fingers thing) but the rest simply was on the page. It solicited nothing from me. I didn't care that I read it, nor will I in the near future. Let yourself shine through in the delivery as well as the idea; it will make this much more readable and favorful. As it is, its writing... but its sort of the white rice of writing... it is sustenance; but nothing to write home about. Just needs some seasoning to make the idea really pop out and bite me.

Thanks for getting to mine,

-zC