Hey guys, heres the deal. My geometry teacher was thinking and then was talking to us about how he thinks me and some other kids should get together and play at the girls/maybe some other stuff winter season games because they don't really have much of a turnout. So if we played there there might be more of a turnout. Anyway I was wondering if you guys could think of any songs to play!

So far-
I wanna rock-twisted sister
Rock and Roll Pt. 2(i forget who its by)
We are the champions & another one bites the dust-queen.
Ehh.. we had more but I can't think of any. Basically upbeat songs that would sound good. I have to get together and jam with these kids but I know the drummer is really good, and the other kid is a pretty solid bass player.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Enter Sandman - Metallica
They play that at quite a few sporting events. I heard it at a volleyaball tournament in Munich airport lol. I suggest this
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Saliva - Ladies And Gentlemen, Megadeth - Crush Em, Queen - We Will Rock You, Europe - The Final Countdown (xD), Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills and also maybe Dream Theater - Octavarium
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
Crazy Train, Final Countdown, Smoke on the water, No Remorse, Symphony of Destruction, Welcome to the Jungle, and basically anything off of guitar hero should work. you want to play songs people will recognize
Crazy Train for sure!!
Hit it up Lamb of God style with Now You've Got Something To Die For.
Anything by Heaven Shall Burn in their Iconoclasts album.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Satch Boogie - Joe Satriani
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Sleep Now In The Fire - RATM
Cochise - Audioslave

Basically anything with monster riffage!!
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Jump - Van Halen
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Thanks guys! Keep em comin!

I wanna rock-twisted sister
Rock and Roll Pt. 2(i forget who its by)
We are the champions & We will rock you & another one bites the dust-queen.
Enter Sandman-Metallica
Crazy Train & I don't wanna stop- Ozzy
Sweet Child of Mine & welcome to the Jungle - Guns and Roses
Symphony Of destruction & crush em - Megadeth
Sleep now in the fire- RATM
Cochise- Audioslave
They all sound good and I can already play most of em.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Some of this sounds too metal for girls sports or whatever it is, but...

Back in Black, or basically anything by AC/DC.
Anything by the Stones.
And some T.Rex. 20th century boy, ideally.

No, none of it's particularly technicallly challenging, but it'll all sit nicely in a sports gig.
You don't wanna be playing uber-heavy metal, that won't go down well. You wanna play some proper rock classics and things; Lamb of God wouldn't bring that many people when you think about it.

A good song would be Hair Of The Dog by Nazareth. Not really popular, but that chorus would get some chanting going, not to mention it's not really heavy and hoohah. You wouldn't need a talkbox either, if you don't have one, you could just work something out, it's a simple enough structure. Check it out, it's a simple song to play and all that.

Or maybe All Right Now by Free, another really recognisable song to add to the list. 3 chord trick, so it isn't hard. You could do Wild Thing by the Troggs, or You Really Got Me by The Kinks, and rock it up a bit.

EDIT: ^^

Or to add to the T Rex, maybe Bang on a Gong (Get It On) or whatever it's called, that's an awesome song.

Or The Boys Are Back In Town (even though it's a girls thing) or Whiskey In The Jar by Thin Lizzy! Not my favourites, but they would go down well. Maybe.

Just whatever you do, don't play metal, that would be a silly thing to do.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Nov 7, 2008,
Quote by Lil Macker
Or maybe All Right Now by Free

I was going to say that one. I just couldn't be bothered, for some reason.

Take I Don't Wanna Stop, Symphony of Destruction and Crush Em OFF the setlist. You're getting a bit heavy. You just MIGHT be able to get away with Symphony perhaps.
Audioslave, Metallica and RATM is pushing it, but you could probably slip those in.

But really, be a little more reasonable. Heavy metal doesn't get on well with girls sports.
Quote by Rock Pig
Audioslave, Metallica and RATM is pushing it, but you could probably slip those in.

But really, be a little more reasonable. Heavy metal doesn't get on well with girls sports.

I dont really think cochise would be 'pushing it'.
Its been in some really well known films recently-ish

Talledega Nights
Iron Man

..and probs somemore.

And also, enter sandman is nowhere near heavy!
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Actually its not so much for the girls sports as much as to rile up the crowd, We'll have to see where it goes. But no like thrash metallica or anything. We could play some of the lighter more popular metal and get away with it though. OH and I forgot that he said maybe we'd be playing for wrestling too. So with that we could rock out a bit more. Stuff like headstrong would be perfect.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Last edited by milkmanv1 at Nov 7, 2008,
Quote by Audioslave95

And also, enter sandman is nowhere near heavy!

Artist association. Regardless of the music itself, it's a Metallica song. I'm not endorsing this viewopint, but that will put an opinion in some peoples' heads before the first note is finished.
Wow fail.

No one has mentioned Eye Of The Tiger Yet.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
Quote by freebird_17
Wow fail.

No one has mentioned Eye Of The Tiger Yet.

Wow.

You're called Free Bird and you didn't suggest Free Bird. Which would probably be brilliant. :p