For my Vista PC ? I already have Audiocity beta and reaper software .
Last edited by muddshovel at Nov 10, 2008,
To run protools you need an mbox anyway so downloading it wont help. The cheapest mbox for recording/ doing work i protools is like 333$ canadian it comes with protools and other software as well
OK thats great ur real funny , ok guess ebay again . I did do like 20 tracks without interface
and Protools . Just looking for some better recording software . I have a midi mic and a tone port , Samsun u2o .
Does PT even work with Vista?
When I got my 2496 the M-Powered PT demo disk would not even install on my vista PC...

TS, if you are interested in new sequencers look into Cubase and Sonar. I am a fan of Sonar and they make some great lower budget versions

Paired with a proper interface these higher end sequencers will get you plenty of inspiration.

Just remember that YOU are the one making that great sound, not the hardware or software... I've seen so many people say something like "If you want that great studio sound you gotta get ProTools" and yet this isn't true at all. I've seen many studios use Cubase and Sonar and they both have put out some amazing songs.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 8, 2008,
Pro tools 7.4 is not for Vista u have to use the program capability mode .
They just came out with one for Vista $$ like 200 bucks . Ok scratch that no interface mp no pro tools .
you can do basicly the same things in reaper as you can in protools. learn to do great stuff in reaper before you start looking for a new DAW. when you feel your workflow and results are beeing held back altho you know your working enviroment, then you know it's time to look at new things.
Great software doesn't make great recordings as much as great mics, great instruments, great performances, great preamps, and great recording knowledge/experience.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
^^

+1

i'm still using cool edit pro 2.

its not even supported anymore.. i think it was bought out by adobe.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Yes. CEP became Adobe Audition.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

What has been said has been said. Sound is based on how u record it. This depends on mic/amp/guitar/tone quality. Not on how many faders u have on ur digital mixing console lol. It's quite obvious and logical.

For mixing a good program like protools does help alot. But if ur songs are good enough the essence will come through.

40 years ago u had a max of 4 tracks to record on and shitty mics and no computers, and people still listen to those songs to this day.

Just saying expensive stuff doesn't make good music. It only aids in putting the icing on the cake.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx

40 years ago u had a max of 4 tracks to record on and shitty mics and no computers, and people still listen to those songs to this day.

Hrm.... closer to:

40 years ago u had a max of 4 tracks to record on and no computers. At least they had great mics and preamps and engineers. People still listen to those songs to this day.

But yes, I bought Cubase almost 10 years ago with this funny vision that I was simply going to bring it home and start producing great sounding demos.

The art of recording itself is like learning a whole new instrument. To get pleasing results, you must first have great knowledge and experience to develop a great skill set. Eventually you get to a point where your budget gear or crappy software really will become a limitation. Higher end stuff will inevitably be important, but is, in itself, not much use without the skill to go with it. Give a 10 year old a Les Paul and a Marshall stack, and he's still not going to sound very good, because he lacks the essential knowledge and skills to make it sound good.

CT

Or just break into a music store and grab one off the shelf...

CT

Quote by Mozart's Burzum
Torrent it (: but its illegal though

Dude...Just go F yourself already!
@Mozart - **reported**

From the UG Rule Book:

"NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- You may not share any copyrighted material or assist others in finding such illegal material on the forums or profiles, including copyrighted mp3 files, movie files and pirated software, for any reason. This includes linking people to torrents containing copyrighted material.
- You may not upload copyrighted mp3s to your UG profile."

CT

their is a demo on their site
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by axemanchris
Or just break into a music store and grab one off the shelf...

CT

Ok now don't go over board on me , theres Ebay !
I use Adobe Audition 3 which used to be Cool Edit. The latest version is pretty fuc-king advanced and way beyond my needs. I thought I'd need to get pro tolls one day, just becase thats whats they have in studio's. I don't think I will now. Someone said it earlier it wont make your songs great and there are pretty high standard alternatives out there.

Another great package thats very very cheap and advanced is Mixcraft.

However you sound like you don't want anything other than Pro-Tools. I hear Sonar is better, but then again they do pretty much the same thing.

I used Audacity for years.
NEW WAVE OF BRITSH HEAVY METAL!!!!
I said no curse words PsyschomanZ !!! at anyone you will be reported and sentenced
to life in prison with me . hahaha
Quote by muddshovel
I really don't no much about Pro tools other than what My friend Loo told me about it .

then why are you posting in this thread?