I saw one of these at a local pawn shop. It seems in good condition from what I saw.

Opinions on this amp? How does it handle metal? I would be looking for some nice saturated gain from the lead channel

It's this model of the Mark III:

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/MarkIII.html
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
The Mark III is great for metal. It's slightly more aggressive than the Mark IV. Should be awesome.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I lied .

I didn't really see it at a pawn shop, I saw it on eBay. It's still up for bidding but I realized it would be way too much after tax, shipping (huge weight from California to Canada) and customs.

I hear people say the combo is VERY heavy. Which scares me cause the quote from UPS to ship a F-30 from somewhere in the US to here was $350 dollars - can't imagine how much it would be with a very heavy amp.

It's one of the only downsides of living in Canada, hard to get good deals on gear
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Last edited by mike.h at Nov 7, 2008,
Quote by mike.h
Which scares me cause the quote from UPS to ship a F-30 from somewhere in the US to here was $350 dollars - can't imagine how much it would be with a very heavy amp.

Where are you getting your quotes from because that's WAY too much, the F-30 combo is pretty small, it weighs a lot, but not $350 a lot.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Where are you getting your quotes from because that's WAY too much, the F-30 combo is pretty small, it weighs a lot, but not $350 a lot.

I got it from the eBay page itself, it gave a quote based on my postal code
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
I got it from the eBay page itself, it gave a quote based on my postal code

That's interesting, because I was going to buy a combo from a guy in Canada and his quote to get it here was only ~$150 and the amp was A LOT bigger than the F-30 and weighed quite a bit more.

If you buy anything from the US, make sure they ship it with USPS, UPS will rape you on fees and you'll end up paying A LOT more for "broker fees."
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you buy anything from the US, make sure they ship it with USPS, UPS will rape you on fees and you'll end up paying A LOT more for "broker fees."

+1

USPS is the way to go, yet many seem to have their doubts. Their prices are much more reasonable and they're just as fast, if not faster, than UPS. I've never used USPS to ship an amp. When I sold my Legacy I shipped via FedEx. One day shipping for a 65 lb amp only cost me $25. UPS would have easily been double the price and taken longer.
It's great for Thrash and Lamb of god-style metal.

Not very good for In Flames, soilwork and such though.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball