Page 1 of 3
Searchbar came up with nothing.

So a few nights ago (Tuesday) me and the other guitarist in my band drank about 2 fifths of whiskey. That evening, we asked our new vocalist (this was his 2nd day over) to stop by. I was messing around on the drums playing basic beats because earlier in the day the other guitarist got pissed at the drum machine and threw it at the wall and broke it.

He was standing around BSing while I was laying down a beat, and I kept saying "C'mon man, f'cking do somthing!" so he walks behind the high hat, lunges across the room superman style, tackles me off the throne sending drum kit pieces everywhere, and the singer freaks out and runs downstairs and out the door.

I had to call the singer later and explain that we were just horsing around but he thought we were getting into a full on fight. The next day the other guitarist had a cut across his chest from the hi-hat and a nice shiner.

Anyone else?
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Thats not particularly funny. Our band practices are quite tame, normally its just I have too much caffeine and are rude to everyone. Well I'm rude anyway, the Red Devil is just nice.
well, we were once practicing at school, and it was time to pack up. our drummer at the time was being stubborn as usual, and kept playing while the toms got put away. so we took the crash away, and the drumstick flew straight out of his hand, sailed like a bullet towards the other guitarist. if he hadn't had his guitar on, we'd have had speared nut for dinner.
Quote by Bedhead03
no but i like the sound of that randall head of yours

Yep. I love it
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
This one time my old bassist pulled down his pants and started swinging his dick while we played. And then like a few minutes later the cops came cuz we were too loud. If they had only been a few minutes early it would have been sweet seeing my bassist panic.
Well....the funniest thing that has happened in our practice is we were auditioning a bassist, our singer was showing off and he was standing on the monitor and it tilted backwards and he fell falt on the floor.

We all burst out laughing (including the singer) but the bassist didn't, he was just like "meh".
Well, Me and my band have practice at school.
So this one time, we were drinking a lot of beer, and naturally the place was full of beer bottles.
So in the middle of a song the principal comes in. We all were like holy shit, and i was really drunk and threw my bag on some of the bottles, which caused the bottles to fly all over the place. The principal was like WTF is going on around here??? and started shouting.
We all had really long talks with our parents but that was ok i guess.

So the lesson is: ALWAYS LOCK THE DOOR !!!
Quote by maggot9779
It's funny how most of these posts begin with "Well"

well......................
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
When I was 14 we had crazy band practices, practice was more of an opportunity for us to hang out and goof off. Things would get crazy coz we'd have none musician friends packing the room while we played and dancing and having fun. None of us knew how to sing, so when we played whoever felt brave enough to sing grabbed the mic and a lyric sheet and just sang their lungs out. Since we all knew each others instruments, theres was constant rotation of who played what.
I can remember one practice got very energetic, we were playing New Born by Muse and everyone was moshing and dancing and what not, objects flying in all directions and just general improv, it was very fun.
We had a practice at our bassist house and were moving stuff back to the other guitarists house. Our new vox (who is black) was taking a case of cables while me and the guitarist were trying to grab a cab. I wasn't paying attention so the other guitarist yells, "grab the other side, ******!" Our vox heard it and was kind of pissed.
We usually practice our songs with the whole banter thing bands always have.

Then we do some writing. And then we **** around, have funk (we are a prog-metal band) and jazz jams for ages, sometimes i play geetar for them (im ze drumer). With me stopping everything for a joint or a cig when I feel like one.

Its good times. always a laugh.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
in my old band's practice space we could never balance the sound right so in order to sing my best and hear the vocals I was in an anteroom right off the main room. after a song I yelled out "there's something wrong with my bass" and asked the guitarist to come check it out.

in the span of like 20 seconds from when we finished the song to when the guitarist came in the room I had dropped my pants to my ankles and got that mother****er with the brains (*Waiting*)

It was priceless.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Around my drummers house, it's about two in the morning, we'd been drinking heavily. We decide we'd have a laugh and see what we can play in the state we are in. After trying and failing many things, we have one last ditch attempt to play the easiest thing we know: American Idiot.

As we don't have a proper singer, me (bassist/guitar) and the lead guitarist take it in turns attempting the vocals seeing as neither of us can sing for shit.

Well, we are "playing" and it comes to the solo. I move away from the mic slightly and sort of do the whole gay jump in the air while playing. However, I sort of catch my foot on the mic stand and fall into the guitarist who falls into the amps. At the same time one of the tuning pegs of my bass flies off and hits the drummer straight in the forehead and he falls backwards, hitting the wall then knocking off that straight into the drumkit knocking over the snare. Amusingly, he hits his head on the high hat and is knocked out cold for ten minutes. Me and the guitarist just sit underneath the guitars and cables and mic stand drinking more beer until he finally wakes with a red mark on the middle of his forehead and blood on the high hat.
^
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Back when my friend and I were thinking about starting a band, we were auditioning a bassist and a chick walks in... so we were playing around, we're in the middle of a song and I drop my pick and it makes a weird noise and everyone stops playing, so I was like fck it, grab her ass out of impulse and receive bass headstock to the face... 3 stitches later we hired her
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
Quote by reddeath959
Back when my friend and I were thinking about starting a band, we were auditioning a bassist and a chick walks in... so we were playing around, we're in the middle of a song and I drop my pick and it makes a weird noise and everyone stops playing, so I was like fck it, grab her ass out of impulse and receive bass headstock to the face... 3 stitches later we hired her

Genius, I tried to sig this but its too long
I've also been hit in the face with a hi-hat
Made it out ok,thank god,because I could have broken my nose
Yes.
In music class one day, one of the guys came into the class and said, "I think my band might be breaking up. Our last practice ended in a fistfight."

I love that there was some question about it.

Meh, lots of amusing things happened at band practice, but none of them are really epic enough to mention here.

I screamed like a little girl once when I put a beater through my bass drum with a gig the next day. meh.
signatures are budget.
My mate (rhythm guitarist), the drummer and I arrived at my music school where there are studios where we practice from time to time. When we entered the studio, there was a condom* hanging from a high hat from one of the drum kits. We started joking about what might have happened in that studio before we arrived, and then we started throwing it at each other. The band's singer arrived and the drummer threw it at his face accidentally the moment he entered the room. The dude stood there paralyzed until he realized what had hit his face. We went insane, the last we heard him that day was him running through the hallway screaming.

We later learned he tested for AIDS the next day following the incident.

*the condom wasn't used. We found out a dude was practicing there earlier, and he decided to open a condom and leave it there for the lulz.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Not the most outrageous practice, but one day we decided to have pantsless practice which resulted in some torn briefs on the part of our singer.
We aren't too wild haha
Me and my lead guitarist grabbed our drummer, pulled down his pants, and jammed not one but TWO drumsticks up his ass.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
This was a couple of months ago. Our vocalist couldn't make it that day so our rhythm guitarist decided to sing. It was hilarious, he's not tone deaf or anything but he has a really funny voice and he sang all the lyrics wrong and couldn't reach the high parts so he just screamed into the mic in those parts. The rest of us were playing and laughing so hard and we could hardly play right and the whole song just sounded like shit.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

our other guitarist picked up the hi hat and put it on his head, impersonating a chinese woman. he then proceeded to trip and drop said hi hat on his guitar, which he had bought 2 weeks before. there was a massive dent all down the middle of it. moral of the story? racism is wrong
Our singer/guitarsist went out on the a trampoline just outside our prac space (a bungalo in his back yard) and he was singing on there.As he was jumping the microphone got nearer and further from his mouth.
At another practice he went outside again this time with his guitar .The drummers sister didnt beleive him when he said he was still playing,so to prove it he started playing the ghostbusters theme song in the middle of highway to hell.
There is also a mark in the wall from when we threw a 5c coin in the fan.
And how can I forget crouching behind a pile of amps/guitar cases during an elastic band fight.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Firenze
Me and my lead guitarist grabbed our drummer, pulled down his pants, and jammed not one but TWO drumsticks up his ass.

That.....isn't a very funny practice story. In fact, its quite sick really. You jammed his drumsticks in his ass??? I think you misunderstood the meaning of the term "Getting together for a Jam"...
Quote by ravioli123
That.....isn't a very funny practice story. In fact, its quite sick really. You jammed his drumsticks in his ass??? I think you misunderstood the meaning of the term "Getting together for a Jam"...

Its called a lie.
Quote by Garou1911
Searchbar came up with nothing.

So a few nights ago (Tuesday) me and the other guitarist in my band drank about 2 fifths of whiskey. That evening, we asked our new vocalist (this was his 2nd day over) to stop by. I was messing around on the drums playing basic beats because earlier in the day the other guitarist got pissed at the drum machine and threw it at the wall and broke it.

He was standing around BSing while I was laying down a beat, and I kept saying "C'mon man, f'cking do somthing!" so he walks behind the high hat, lunges across the room superman style, tackles me off the throne sending drum kit pieces everywhere, and the singer freaks out and runs downstairs and out the door.

I had to call the singer later and explain that we were just horsing around but he thought we were getting into a full on fight. The next day the other guitarist had a cut across his chest from the hi-hat and a nice shiner.

Anyone else?

That doesn't sound funny. A drummer I used to hang out with threw a drumstick at me in band practice and it hit me right in the face. I threw it back then whipped him with my guitar lead. Left a nice scratch on his arm.

Funniest time when a guitarist decided to swing his guitar around his head and catch it. Instead of that happening, the guitar hit the ceiling of the practice room, his strap came off and dropped to the floor. There was a nice crack down the neck because of that.
Quote by maggot9779
It's funny how most of these posts begin with "Well"

Well... it was was the first day of practice for my band and so we started with some warm ups and me being the noob I was at the time dropped my pick... so while strumming with my fingers, I bent down to try to retrieve the pick.. my bassist saw that and thought i was like trying to play a solo or something, and he gets on his knees to mimic me.. i saw him in the corner of my eyes and burst out laughing.. he didn't get it until after 5 minutes of me and my drummer laughing our lungs out..
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Me and some guys were jamming in the music room (second floor) and his friends come in (they don't play, all they do is just mess around) so they start pushing each other around and the fat guy gets pushed against the window and it breaks sending flying glass onto the sidewalk below...

Not really funny but meh
This isn't that good, but whatever.

So basically, we we're having a MOD contest between some guys in the band. One of the guys hadn't lost yet, so he was pissed off ALL of practice and we got nothing done.
Once I was bent over fixing up my guitar pedal, when my bassist grabbed my ass. Out of surprise I quickly turned around, and unintentionally made him eat my guitar headstock.
Our band practices go something like this... I (the bassist, even though its not my main instrument) get to our guitarist/vox house for practice on time, while our drummer is always late. So while we wait for him, I **** around on the drums, while our guitarist plays my bass. We usually get a cool drum n' bass groove going until our drummer arrives.

One time, the drummer arrives really late. We were like, "dude wtf?" and the guitarist and I saw he was a little high, so we just messed with him a bit. and by a bit i mean a lot.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Last edited by Arrived+Dparted at Nov 8, 2008,
well... all of us bar the drummer had been down the chip shop and came back to our shed/HQ. The drummer wasn't there so being a cold Novembers night we decided to scare him. We hid in a annex and turned all the lights of waiting to jump out.

5 minutes later he still hasn't showed up we plug in a guitar play some black sabbath riffs to try and see if he hears it wherever it is.

We retire to the annex and hide again waiting for him to come in.

20 minutes later we've heard no noise. The guitarist opens the door quietly and standing right up against the door is our drummer eating our chips! He snuck in and took our food then surprised us! The guitarist yelled and flailed backwards in shock
Page 1 of 3