Hello,

I've been playing metal guitar for years, but i'm not that good when it comes to guitar amps and such. I own an Ibanez, with EMG81/85 pickups tuned to standard D, and a jackson warrior with Dimarzio X2N Bridge Pickup tuned to C#. I play lots of death metal and some black metal, my influence are bands such as Death, Morbid Angel, Nile, Zyklon, Inveracity, Emperor, Absu...etc.

I'm thinking about buying a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 100 guitar head, I've heard a lot of good things about it. I was wondering if there's anyone that's into metal and own that guitar amp or knows much about that amp. I want to know if it's good amp for such genre or not.

Thanks in advance !!
Walid
I think Nile uses TSL or DSL marshalls, and I think they have an overdrive pedal in front, If you like their tones. I tried a DSL with an overdrive and an EQ and you can get a pretty beast sound, but it'll still sound like a marshall if that's the tone you're after

Lots of people are going to suggest 5150/6505s
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
peavey 5150's are grizzly amps. I love em. I'd choose the tsl over the dsl any day of the week though.
What's your price range?
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by Megadeth>_<
penis

A Valid statement XD
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Quote by jessejames1414
A Valid statement XD

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL HES SO FUNNNNY AND CLEEVVVERRR I CANT STOP LAHAHAHAHAHAAUGHING

:|
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by DDoug
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL HES SO FUNNNNY AND CLEEVVVERRR I CANT STOP LAHAHAHAHAHAAUGHING

:|

Relax, it wasn't that funny
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Quote by jessejames1414
Relax, it wasn't that funny

Oh, how the tables have turned.
-Bugera 333XL 212
thank all of you for replying..
one of my friends has that amp that he hardly used.. and he's thinking about selling it to me for $1000 which seems like a good deal for that amp.
i've tried the 5150 amp but i didn't think it sounded as great as everybody says.. but in the end i did not really spent a lot of time trying to dial the right tone
Quote by stream-123
thank all of you for replying..
one of my friends has that amp that he hardly used.. and he's thinking about selling it to me for $1000 which seems like a good deal for that amp.
i've tried the 5150 amp but i didn't think it sounded as great as everybody says.. but in the end i did not really spent a lot of time trying to dial the right tone

Personally, I couldn't find that many good sounds from it. The amp has a whole lot of midrange. It seemed no matter where I turned the knobs it was all mids.
-Bugera 333XL 212
thank all of you for replying.. so i was wondering maybe i could get one of those 15 band or 31 eq and use it to tweak the sound a little more to what i need. does that seem like a good idea ?? if so should i just put it through the effects loop ?
not trying to insult you, DDoug, but did you push the little mid contour button? i personally like a lot of mids, but that cuts them quite a bit. and TS, be aware that TSL's are sorta undefined gobs of gain until you turn it up. and I wouldn't buy it for $1000, you can find them used at guitar center and such for about $900 or lower, and that's with store mark-up. feel free to ask any more questions, i've got the 60 watt version, and besides lacking the seperate eq for the crunch channel, they're the same. btw, a 31 band eq is overkill. 6 or 10 should do fine
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.