Simple. Recent (i.e. within a month or two) screw-ups you've had at your gigs if you're in a band. If you aren't in one, well, something funny that happened when you were playing whatever instrument it is you play.

Last night I had a gig at our school's auditorium, and after the guitar solo in "Reptilia" (by The Strokes), I jumped onto my wah-wah pedal to turn it off. However, when I jumped, my foot caught the cord going into the 'instrument' jack in the pedal and pulled it out about an inch, taking the guitar totally out. I was frantically searching for about 5 seconds what the problem was, when I saw it, plugged it back in, and successfully jumped back into the song where we were.

It really wasn't that bad because I didn't make it look like a big deal; I was laughing. I just wish that it happened during a different song, because "Reptilia" is one of the songs we are best at =/. Besides, I screwed up because I was getting really into it and trying to actually PERFORM, not just a regular no-reason mistake. So it's all good. I'll just be more careful.

But the rest of the gig was great, so, har.

Anyway, what about you guys?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Last Monday when I was so pissed before we went on stage I thought a bass solo would be cool.

Oh dear.

It's never time for a bass solo.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
We were playing acoustic (when we play, I keep my acoustic on a stand when I'm playing electric, and turn the electric to my back (strap locks ftw) and just sit to play the acoustic), and I broke my high e string.

I had to drop the guitar, stand up, and plug the electric back in, all while singing.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I haven't played any gigs yet, but I've always had a fear of snapping a string or something. Plus I drop my pick a lot. But that would be the least of my worries.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Tonight I was supposed to be playing a big solo in a song with my school's jazz band when they were turning on the Christmas lights. There's another guitarist there, who admits (and honestly I agree) that I'm better than him, yet he knew I was playing the solo, so he starts playing a solo instead. But then, he always turns himself up so you can't hear any other guitars anyway, so I wouldn't have been heard.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by Deliriumbassist
But it had an envelope filter and slapping and tapping and EVERYTHING

I bet my bandmates hate me.

My bass player insists on playing Anesthesia by Metallica when we have a long set -_- yeah it's great for him but all it does for the audience, due to shit sound guys, is makes their trousers rumble a bit.

I can't remember a massive screw up though, as a drummer there aren't many things you can do. Last year I thought I should stand-up and play...I tripped and fell right over the top of the kit.
Every gig I throw/drop sticks but I always have spare.

RMF

I was wearing Mario slippers and I accidentally hit the wrong sound on my pedal.

... don't wear Mario slippers on stage. Even on Halloween.
Well, I wasn't playing but I went to a gig with no earplugs...
Now I got tinitus! Woo
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

My bass player insists on playing Anesthesia by Metallica when we have a long set -_- yeah it's great for him but all it does for the audience, due to shit sound guys, is makes their trousers rumble a bit.

I refuse to play Anesthesia because it's shit, and Cliff's tone on it was equally shit. At least my solo was in the context of a song we were playing
Dropped my pick during a solo.
Had to do some weird finger picking improvisation.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
We were playing a show with this band called 1997 from Chicago and my singer and I were both on the same monitor and on beat I swung my guitar to the left, not realizing how close she was, and hit her in the face with my beautiful banana headstock on my Explorer XD
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
last week I was playing bass as a sideman for a friends band. They use two laptops and a lot of MIDI equipment, which the house sound guys didn't know how to set up properly (the promoter insisted that they use the house soundguys instead of the one that the band normally uses for all gigs) there where all sorts of problems, but the biggest was when a MIDI clocking error crashed one of the laptops and caused everything that wasn't being played live to stop. man that was awkward.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by XianXiuHong
Snapped string

Floyd Rose

Need I say more?

I feel your pain.

me- whew, that song was tough, I think I might need to soften up on the picking
*twang*
me- FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I refuse to play Anesthesia because it's shit, and Cliff's tone on it was equally shit.

That's what I always say.

Oh well...that's metallica fanboys for you.

R.I.P. CLIFF T_T

RMF

i played in a school battle of the bands and during 'killing in the name of' my lead kept cutting in and out. When i went to do the solo, which i bought the whammy for, it cut out for the entire solo :'( then we played anotha gig a week ago and my amp died on me. i must have a gypsy curse or summin............ lol
Quote by FFTLxx
Well, I wasn't playing but I went to a gig with no earplugs...
Now I got tinitus! Woo

I've had it!!!! Woo!!!!! Really, they're ringing right now and its cemetery quiet in this room... DAMN YOU URGE TO CRANK THE MUSIC IF PANTERA IS PLAYING EVEN THOUGH I'M LISTENING TO A PANTERA CD!!!!!1!!!!1!!1!111!!!!!! You know you've had tinitus for a long time when you're afraid to turn your music up too loud because the ringing will be equally loud for about 4 hours *fail*
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

I dropped my pick on the last note before a pinch harmonic, then somehow managed to make that pinch epic. Needless to say I ****ed up the rest of the song.
Quote by reddeath959
I've had it!!!! Woo!!!!! Really, they're ringing right now and its cemetery quiet in this room... DAMN YOU URGE TO CRANK THE MUSIC IF PANTERA IS PLAYING EVEN THOUGH I'M LISTENING TO A PANTERA CD!!!!!1!!!!1!!1!111!!!!!! You know you've had tinitus for a long time when you're afraid to turn your music up too loud because the ringing will be equally loud for about 4 hours *fail*

I have tinnitus, ringing doesn't really get very loud until I try to sleep though.
Quote by TEK34
I have tinnitus, ringing doesn't really get very loud until I try to sleep though.

its only when I use earbuds and its really quiet... its cool to say you have, but when you actually have it you realize how much it sucks
Quote by StratoTele

I scissor kicked my bassist's cord out. Then he start running and panicking and he told the singer about it (MID SONG) and then the singer says "What the **** do you want?" and stops the song. It was hilarious but stupid.
the lead mic ****ed up so me and the singer had to share a mic ( im backup vox) so when we where tring to cram around one mic i got totaly out of time and ****ed up all the chords for like two measures it was all going so well before that
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
Quote by HandsomeFrank
You forgot to add a period.

Win.
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
one time i went to run from one side of the stage to the other. it had been raining and the floor was very slippery. in the heat of the moment this slipped my mind so I barrel toward the side of the stage that had my bass rig, slip, and hit the thing full blast.

it doesn't fall over but my bass hit it and went "fwang!" the worst part was my head was right by the speaker.

Every single person in the audience was laughing hysterically. We kicked so much ass at that show.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com