I'm thinking about giving my JS100 a serious overhaul. It's got Bare Knuckle VHIIs and that gorgeous Ibanez JS neck, so it sounds and plays fantastic, but it looks SO boring.
So I'm going to get it refinished and customised following the color scheme of this. (don't say it'll look ugly, I KNOW some people will hate it)

So, I'm going to add cream pickup rings, cream chickenshead knobs, cream pickup selector, cream anything I can find.

Most importantly though, how do I go about refinishing it in a metallic red? Shall I give it to a professional?
And, I'd quite like to add a cream pickguard as well. How will I do this? The bracketed LP style way, which could get in the way of the tremolo, or the Acoustic tyle way, which could be difficult due to the contouring?
My next build was going to be metallic red with cream everything to...

You can just get the LP pickguard and drill holes for the brackets and screw it in, but i don't know how to fix it from getting in the way of the trem....
for the refinishing, check the refinishing tutorial thread, or reranch.com

for the pickhuard, you CAN do the direct mounted pickguard, you'll have to do some verrrry crafty workmanship on whatever you're making it from, or you could use the LP style, and have it mounted lower than normal, so not to disturb your whammy-wanking
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
for the refinishing, check the refinishing tutorial thread, or reranch.com

for the pickhuard, you CAN do the direct mounted pickguard, you'll have to do some verrrry crafty workmanship on whatever you're making it from, or you could use the LP style, and have it mounted lower than normal, so not to disturb your whammy-wanking

How will I direct mount it?
I know I'll need to bend it and things, but how will I bend it so it fits prefecly?

And, to allow space for a pickguard, I'm considering moving one of the control knobs, or maybe even just removing the tone knob alltogether. Anyone know how to conceal the pot rout properly?
Quote by deftonesordie
so not to disturb your whammy-wanking

Lol this reminds me of a video on youtube where a guy called it a wang bar
you might be able to get a pick guard and heat it so i becomes bendy then press it on so it becomes the shape of the guitar then screw it on might be a fail of n idea might not lol
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I want a Danelectro with that lovely Coca Cola colour scheme.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)