Looking for something low wattage fender style cleans. not interested in the gain i have a hi gain amp but the clean channel sucks. have about 500 pounds to spend on it but would prefer something cheaper.
Last edited by Caparisoner at Nov 7, 2008,
Roland Jazz Chorus.

/threaddddd
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
dude. fender tube. right what youre looking for. i think maybe like the twin reverb or something like that as long as its tube, fender makes good tube amps. and you could do very well with a Mesa/boogie lonestar, or basically any of the heads have amazing cleans
Gear:
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Strat
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
2x12 cab
crybaby 535q
Yamaha acoustic
zoom fire 36
boss mega distortion
looking for as low wattage as possible its for recording. i was going to go with a roland cube, but would this sound as good as a bigger amp through a 12'' speaker?
Nope. I'd suggest looking at the Laney LC15R, the Fender Blues Junior, and try looking at the Blackheart little giant.

All good amps.
A Roland Cube doesn't have particularly great cleans. I mean they're ok, but nothing to write home about.

If you're looking for that sterile, jazzy clean sort of sound then you're after a Roland JC-120, Or for that sparkling warm sound then maybe a Fender Blues Junior.

Possibly a Hiwatt, though they can be pretty pricy.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
A Roland Cube doesn't have particularly great cleans. I mean they're ok, but nothing to write home about.

If you're looking for that sterile, jazzy clean sort of sound then you're after a Roland JC-120, Or for that sparkling warm sound then maybe a Fender Blues Junior.

Possibly a Hiwatt, though they can be pretty pricy.

yeah i would prefer the sparkly cleans.
Ok. Then you're looking at:

1. Fender Blues Junior
2. Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
3. Blackheart Handsome Devil
4. Orange Tiny Terror
5. Orange AD-5
Quote by bartdevil_metal
You guys do know that the JC-120 is not the answer to every clean amp thread right?

It is in my world
You can get a JC-60 also.

Orange TT is a very good candidate too however, I love that amp.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The Jazz Chorus is pretty sterile, very clean though.

If you want really great cleans, go for a Fender Deluxe Reverb. Greeeeat cleans. Sparkly but still warm. And it's only 22 watts so you can push it all you want.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
The Jazz Chorus is pretty sterile, very clean though.

If you want really great cleans, go for a Fender Deluxe Reverb. Greeeeat cleans. Sparkly but still warm. And it's only 22 watts so you can push it all you want.

sounds good someone near me is selling a blackface deluxe reverb for 700 pounds. can you not buy blackfaces now or something?
You can buy reisses of blackfaces that aren't near as good as the originals but are still decent amps. But the original blackfaces generally go for more than the reissues. Unless you're a tone nazi and compared them side by side I doubt you'd notice a massive difference in the two.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Low wattage? Best cleans ever?

You're now in boutique territory. Go to a high end amp shop and check out some Matchless or something.