Geez, talking about making playing really hard on your self, I shoulda took the screwdriver to my guitar a long time ago, even before I put these top heavy strings on it. To be honest, this last string change started to put me off on playing. Before we go on, I should say the guitar in question is the Dean ML-X. Yeah, that low end guitar that cost less then 200 bones after tax!

The action has been pretty high, but for the most part, I was putting 10s on the sucker and it would play okay, but after I put the 52-10s on it, the strings would actualy hard to play and would really make my fingers sore, at least when I had the guitar tuned to E standard. If I had to guess, I would say, from the E string, above the 12th fret, the bottom of the string was close to being 1/4th of an inch off the fret board!

No friggin wonder I was not playing as much! Now, thanks to a 2 min adjustment, the tune-o-matic is as low as it will go and the E string is now about 2 picks off the frets, so about 2.50mm.

Talk about a major change! I don't detect any fret buzz either. Its still not perfect, but I think my fingers will be a bit happier
he doesnt even have a question. i think he's just proud that he turned a screw.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Phat Stud 55
Whatever happened to short and simple? State your problem not every detail that goes with the piece of crap guitar.

I will write how ever the hell I want... got a problem with it? Then don't effing read it!

Hows that for short and simple?
Quote by jj1565
he doesnt even have a question. i think he's just proud that he turned a screw.

Yep I am proud I can turn a screw!
Are you proud you can write I useless post? Cause you sure sound like it
Anyone else got anything useless to say?
Seems like most of you have nothing better to do, so have at it, glad I can give you a productive use of your time.

Have fun!
you need to read the forum rules and stickies.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by slitherjef
Yep I am proud I can turn a screw!
Are you proud you can write I useless post? Cause you sure sound like it

wow look who is talking about useless posts

.............i hate u and wish great pain upon u sir
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Harsh forum on here sometimes, elitist attitude.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
This is so funny!
I mean, people think my post is worthless, yet they keep posting to it! Worthless, indeed! Its worth people spending the time to write something here (if you can call, typing nonsense, "writing something"), thus, wasting their time, my time and everyone elses time.

Seems my post is worth something after all, everyones time!
So keep it up everyone! For a post as worthless as my original.

If you really think my original post is a waste of time, here are your two options:

A: Shut up and stop posting to this thread
B: Hit the report button under each of the following replies, I.E., the ones that you all actualy wrote to my first post because you all obviously have nothing better to do.

My original post basicly said I lowered my action and that help me out, 95% of the replies are garbage basicly saying "BFD"

Good day
Quote by oneblackened
seriously, just let it die.

Everyone here has a crappy attitude, and that makes me a troll. Good thinking!
Quote by slitherjef
Everyone here has a crappy attitude, and that makes me a troll. Good thinking!

Back off, and quit being a dipshit. Did you have a question? No. So why are you getting so pissed that somebody said something to that effect?
slitherjef, you complain to much.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Can't we all just get along?

Jeez, the guy is just excited about his guitar and posted it

I think it's cool that he made it easier to play.

Maybe someone else can benifit from his advise.

I lowered the action on my acoustic by sanding the saddle down on the bottom and made a cheep guitar much, much easier to play. I got excited too!
Quote by crowmoto
Can't we all just get along?

Jeez, the guy is just excited about his guitar and posted it

I think it's cool that he made it easier to play.

Maybe someone else can benifit from his advise.

I lowered the action on my acoustic by sanding the saddle down on the bottom and made a cheep guitar much, much easier to play. I got excited too!

Exactly! +1 to that. Like I said elitist attitude on this forum sometimes. If you don't have anything good or helpful to say, then don't say it.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
this kid is a fagget

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Good job, man. Action is a real crucial component of the guitar so hopefully now that you have yours set up more to your liking you will be able to progress your playing more efficiently.

PS. Don't mind half the guys on here, they just need their badass attitudes to match their badass playing I guess.
Quote by Gavinnivag
PS. Don't mind half the guys on here, they just need their badass attitudes to match their badass playing I guess.

This is the best post yet in this thread

Yeah, too high of action can also lead to injury and cause permanent damage in hand, finger, and arm muscles.
Quote by bfloyd6969
This is the best post yet in this thread

Yeah, too high of action can also lead to injury and cause permanent damage in hand, finger, and arm muscles.

Seriously?
Quote by xkxlxhx
Seriously?

I should have better phrased that statement, sorry - if you are playing in pain again and again, then it can lead to permanent muscle damage.
sounds good man. nothing worse than having to struggle to play I my self is one lazy man, and i believe that guitar playing should be fun and relaxed. 2.5mm is still pretty high for your low E though. I have mine sitting at 1.5 and a pretty straight neck to go with it, this is perfect to me, as it requires very little strain to play, and intonation problems are not an issue as it easier becomes with higher settings, and I'm still able to hit the strings pretty hard without notes dying on me. it seems odd that you cant lower your bridge more than to 2.5mm? Are you meassuring at the 12th fret?