Hey
I've got a Fender Jaguar HH Special, and I wanna start making some modifications to it, just to improve whats already there kind of. I've got a few questions.

How will buying expensive pots affect it? And is there a tremolo system that I can put on it (without routing)? And is there any other things I can do just to improve it tonally and its playability?
I don't think I wanna change the pups, because of the complex wiring of a jag. However, I may go back on this later. What humbucker pickups would be suited for anything low-mid gain? And is the wiring as dificult as I assume it is?
Thanks
Getting expensive pots isn't going to change much, but it will be better than stock. You could add a TBX tone control or entirely change your tone control to a bass cut instead of a treble cut, etc.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by time_for_food
Hey
I've got a Fender Jaguar HH Special, and I wanna start making some modifications to it, just to improve whats already there kind of. I've got a few questions.

How will buying expensive pots affect it?
expensive pots turn smoothly and last longer before they make scratchy noises through the amp when you turn them. that is all.

Quote by time_for_food
And is there a tremolo system that I can put on it (without routing)?
Bigby or maybe Stetsbar.

Quote by time_for_food
And is there any other things I can do just to improve it tonally and its playability?
Fret leveling / crowning /polishing. Trussrod adjustment. intonation adjustment. ie: Full pro set-up.

Quote by time_for_food
I don't think I wanna change the pups, because of the complex wiring of a jag. However, I may go back on this later. What humbucker pickups would be suited for anything low-mid gain?
pickup selection is too subjective. i rarely comment.

Quote by time_for_food
And is the wiring as dificult as I assume it is?
dunno. Fender hasn't published the wiring for the HH model.

this is the wiring for the standard jaguar with 2 SCs.
http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/other/0100900A/SD0100900APg2.pdf

Quote by time_for_food
Thanks
you're welcome.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.