Okay. I took my first visit to guitar center today, and it was AWESOME! haha.

Anyways, im trying to decide between a epi lp studio, and a g400. I played both for like 30 minutes, and really like the lp more. Is there that much difference between them? the g400 is cheaper? I like the epi lp studio sooooo much more, but people say the g400 is better.

Also, i was set on getting a roland microcube cuz its all i had enough for, but my lil bro might get his first guitar, then my mom might buy us a amp to share for like $200. I was talking to the worker, and of course he recommended the line 6 spider III lol. but another worker said it wasn't very good, and he recommended some vox vypr for like $200. Dont know exact model, how good are the vox's in that price range?

I know i should spend a lil more for the standard, but im not even sure if i'll be able to afford the studio haha
i mean is the studio worse than the g400 spec wise. The dude there told me they have same electronics so its just preferance... but i didn't know whether to believe him or not haha
my first guitar was an Epi G400
if u can get your mom to milk out some extra cash try to get a line 6 crate
Quote by nathanlamb
i mean is the studio worse than the g400 spec wise. The dude there told me they have same electronics so its just preferance... but i didn't know whether to believe him or not haha

The G400 is the better of the two.
Quote by jtemkin42
my first guitar was an Epi G400
if u can get your mom to milk out some extra cash try to get a line 6 crate

it would be milking my mom to get the $200. She was only planning on like $150 lol.

So the g400 is better, but i still like the studio, is it bad??? not compared to the g400> Any things bad i should know about it?
I've heard good things about the vypyr for metal...it's SS i believe. If you want tube, i'd go Crate V series, Epi Valve Jr., maybe gretsch G5222, you'd need an OD or Distortion for the gretsch...what do you play?
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
i don't want to play metal. at all. lol i just want like blues and general rock and maybe a bit of harder rock, by harder i mean like maybe 1 or 2 metallica songs. would the vox be good for other stuff besides metal?? oh and i know its solid state
but i do want a lot of hard rock, so don't say single coil. I tried some for my music, and didn't like it much. The lp and g400 sounded better
Quote by nathanlamb
i don't want to play metal. at all. lol i just want like blues and general rock and maybe a bit of harder rock, by harder i mean like maybe 1 or 2 metallica songs. would the vox be good for other stuff besides metal?? oh and i know its solid state

peavey makes the vypyr not vox
and i think this amp is better
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V50112-50W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487054
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by nathanlamb
ok sry. I didn't pay much attention to it, i had to go. Now that i think, it was a peavey that had the vypr. But what do you think of ss vox amps around $200? for rock and blues?

the valvetronix will do pretty good (not fully ss but not tube) the others are meh but that crate i posted is still probably better due to the fact it had amassive price drop and tube amps have better tone than ss, also tube amps are reparable solid states arent.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Get the Microcube.
Stay far away from the Spider.
No opinion on the Vypyr, but I hear it's pretty good.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Underjoggle
Get the Microcube.
Stay far away from the Spider.
No opinion on the Vypyr, but I hear it's pretty good.

he has up to 200 for that price he can do better than the microcube
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
yea it was a valvetronix. so its pretty good? i'll probably get it then. also, whats wrong with the studio that makes the g400 better?
the valvetronix is pretty good but not half as good as the crate yes i am goping to stress that fact till you agree
and between the lp and sg, sg is better its has better electronics and such
with the lp your paying for the famous shape
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Tube >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS in most cases, i know there are some really quality SS amps out there...but for the most part. this be true.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by alternitivebass
the valvetronix will do pretty good (not fully ss but not tube) the others are meh but that crate i posted is still probably better due to the fact it had amassive price drop and tube amps have better tone than ss, also tube amps are reparable solid states arent.

Hybrid amps = marketing bullshit.
ಠ_ಠ