List your favourite horror films, directors, decades, etc. Also, post your horror film collections and lets get some discussions going.
The Descent. Fookin' good horror there, really intense viewing.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by felatioly
List your favourite horror films, directors, decades, etc.
no, you.

Quote by felatioly
Also, post your horror film collections
no, you.

Quote by felatioly
and lets get some discussions going.
k. waiting on you to start ...

Quote by felatioly
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
no, you.

no, you.

k. waiting on you to start ...

lol ure user title says it perfectly.
anyway: sleepy hollow is awesome! if that is counted as a horror film..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

the first 2 saws were good. 3 was weak, didn't see 4 or 5. Rob Zombie's Halloween was the best horror movie I've ever seen to be honest.

I also dig High Tension, The Strangers, Session 9, The Hills Have Eyes (the first remake), and the TCM remake.

There's a movie called the Devil's Chair that is supposed to be pretty good too. There's an awesome horror movie site called "Arrow in the Head" check it out.

I love horror movies.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
What's your guys thoughts on asian horror films compared to american horror films???
My Collection:
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Silent 1920 version)
Nosferatu (original)
Night of the Living Dead (original 1968)
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920 version)
The Omen 1-2-3-4 + remake (original+remake)
The Fly 1-2 (remakes)
Cannibal Holocaust
The Shining

Best: idk ...there're too much of them.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by life_777
What's your guys thoughts on asian horror films compared to american horror films???

The fact that the films come from the Far East don't make them better, but in recent years, Korea and Japan have done some brilliant horror films.

At the moment, America seems to have lost its way with horror - slightly. The last good American horror I saw was Saw and to a lesser extent Saw II, The Hills Have Eyes was actually pretty cool, but it was a remake. The Dawn Of The Dead remake was piss poor - it was just an action film with zombies - and so was the recent Texas Chainsaw Massarcre series.

I'm extremely biased, but I think Britain is making brilliant horror films nowadays. The Hole, 28 Days, 28 Weeks, Creep (that's debatable), The Descent, Dog Soldiers, Dead Set and not to forget the classics like Alien, The Wicker Man, The Omen, Straw Dogs (Anglo-American, actually).
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Awesome! I love these horror threads that spring up every now and then! :P

To answer your questions, my favourite director is Dario Argento, and my favourite horror film of all time is probably 'Dellamorte Dellamore AKA Cemetery Man'.

Here's my ever growing collection (trust me, I'm a normal dude. I just love horror flicks ) :

Horror Collection:
#
• 13: Game of Death
A
• Aftermath/Genesis
• Alien Apocalypse
• August Underground’s Mordum
B
• Basket Case
• The Bat
• Battle Royale
• Bava Collection Vol. 1
• Black Sunday*
• Black Sabbath*
• The Girl Who Knew Too Much*
• Knives Of The Avenger*
• Kill Baby… Kill!*
• Bava Collection Vol. 2
• Lisa and the Devil*
• House of Exorcism*
• Bay of Blood*
• Baron Blood*
• Kidnapped*
• Roy Colt and Winchester Jack*
• 5 Dolls for an August Moon*
• Five Times That Night*
• The Birds
• The Blind Dead Collection:
• Tombs of the Blind Dead*
• Return of the Evil Dead*
• The Ghost Galleon*
• Night of the Seagulls*
• Body Melt
• Bubba Ho-Tep
• Burial Ground (1980)
• The Burning
C
• Candyman
• Cannibal (2005)
• Cannibal Campout
• Cannibal Holocaust
• The Cell
• Chain of Souls
• The Changeling
• Chiller
• Chopping Mall
• C.H.U.D
• A Clockwork Orange
• The Convent
• Creature Movies by Roger Corman:
• Beast From Haunted Cave*
• Creature From the Haunted Sea*
• The Wasp Woman*
• Creepshow
• Creepshow II
D
• Dario Argento’s The Bird With The Crystal Plumage
• Dario Argento’s Deep Red
• Dario Argento’s Suspiria
• Dario Argento’s Inferno
• Dario Argento’s Tenebre
• Dario Argento’s Phenomena
• Dario Argento’s Demons
• Dario Argento’s Opera
• Dario Argento’s Jennifer
• Dario Argento’s Pelts
• Dead and Breakfast
• Dead Men Walk
• The Dead Next Door
• Dellamorte Dellamore aka Cemetery Man
• The Descent
• Dog Soldiers
• Don’t Go Near The Park
E
• Eaten Alive
• Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals
• The Exorcist
• The Exorcist III
F
• Flesh Eater (1988)
• The Fly
• The Fly II
• Frankenstein 90
• Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan (Parts 1 to 8)
• From Beyond (1986)
• Frontier(s)
G
• George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead
• George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead Remake
• George Romero’s Dawn of the Dead
• George Romero’s Day of the Dead
• George Romero’s Land of the Dead
• George Romero’s Martin
• Gore and More! 10 Movie Pack:
• Bad Taste*
• The Bloody Brood*
• Drive-in Massacre*
• Don’t Look in the Basement*
• Driller Killer*
• Night Train to Terror*
• The Pyx*
• Scream Bloody Murder*
• Werewolf in a Girl’s Dormitory*
• The Werewolf vs. Vampire Woman*
• Gothic
• The Gorilla
• Guinea Pig: Devil’s Experiment
• Guinea Pig: Android of Notre Dame
• Guinea Pig: Mermaid in a Manhole
• Guinea Pig: He Never Dies
H
• Hatchet
• The Haunting
• Hell of the Living Dead
• Hellraiser
• Hellbound: Hellraiser II
• Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth
• The Hills Have Eyes
• Henry: Portrait of a Serial Kiler
• Horror
• Horror Hotel
• House
• The Howling
I
• Ichi The Killer
• Inside
• Irreversible
• I Spit on your Grave aka Day of the Woman
J
• Jacob’s Ladder
K
L
• Last House On Dead End Street
• The Last House on the Left
• The Last Man on Earth
• Leprechaun I, II, III
• Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
• Let’s Scare Jessica to Death
• Lucio Fulci’s Zombie
• Lucio Fulci’s City of the Living Dead
• Lucio Fulci’s The Beyond
• Lucio Fulci’s The House by the Cemetery
• Lucio Fulci’s The Black Cat
M
• Maniac (1934)
• Maniac
• Man with the Screaming Brain
• Men Behind the Sun
• Mountain of the Cannibal God
• Mulberry St.
N
• Nails
• Near Dark
• Nekromantik
• The Night Flier
• Night of the Demons
• Nightmare City
• Nosferatu
O
• The Omen
• The Other
P
• Peter Jackson’s Bad Taste
• Peter Jackson’s Dead Alive
• People Under the Stairs/Shocker
• The People Who Own The Dark
• Phantasm
• The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues
• The Phantom from Space
• The Phantom Planet
• Philosophy of a Knife
• Planet Terror
• Pulp Fiction
• Pumpkinhead
Q
R
• Rats
• Re-Animator
• Bride of Re-Animator
• Beyond Re-Animator
• The Return of the Living Dead
• The Return of the Living Dead Part 2
• Rosemary’s Baby
S
• Sam Raimi’s The Evil Dead
• Sam Raimi’s The Evil Dead 2
• Sam Raimi’s Army of Darkness
• Santa’s Slay
• Salo: The 120 Days of Sodom
• Sci-Fighters
• Session 9
• Shaun of the Dead
• Schramm
• Sleepaway Camp
• Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers
• Slime City
• Slipstream
• Street Trash
• Suicide Club
• The Stuff
T
• Terror Toons
• The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
• Two Evil Eyes
U
V
• Vengeance Trilogy: Oldboy
• Vengeance Trilogy: Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
• Visions of Suffering
• Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet
W
• Wizard of Gore
• Wrong Turn II: Dead End
X
Y
Z
• Zombie Holocaust (1980)
• Zontar: The Thing from Venus
"If a body catch a body comin' through the rye."
Quote by freddaahh
The fact that the films come from the Far East don't make them better, but in recent years, Korea and Japan have done some brilliant horror films.

At the moment, America seems to have lost its way with horror - slightly. The last good American horror I saw was Saw and to a lesser extent Saw II, The Hills Have Eyes was actually pretty cool, but it was a remake. The Dawn Of The Dead remake was piss poor - it was just an action film with zombies - and so was the recent Texas Chainsaw Massarcre series.

I'm extremely biased, but I think Britain is making brilliant horror films nowadays. The Hole, 28 Days, 28 Weeks, Creep (that's debatable), The Descent, Dog Soldiers, Dead Set and not to forget the classics like Alien, The Wicker Man, The Omen, Straw Dogs (Anglo-American, actually).

You're right about Britain and there films these days...But I still like them asian horror movies. Probably Cuz im asian Idk...
Candyman was a good one.
So was Friday the 13th, Halloween, the Shining, 28 Weeks Later, Saw 1-3, Jeepers Creepers, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal Rising, Texas Chainsaw ect. The first Childs Play was good, but it all went down hill at part II. Oh and The Hills Have Eyes was pretty good.

And I really hate to admit it, but I loved Black Christmas. I think getting killed by a sharpened candy cane is pretty creative.

BTW, favorite horror decade was probably the late 70's to mid 80's. And the worst was the 90's to about 02.
Last edited by MissyxMorphine at Nov 7, 2008,
asian horror can be crazy! ichi anyone? audition was a nice little gem too. anyone ever heard of the "Guinea Pig" series?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
From Beyond
The Shining

...I guess that's mostly it lol. I do watch plenty of horror films, but none of them strike me as being too great.
We're only strays.
Quote by life_777

Japanese horror films rely far too heavily on the ghosts of small children who desperately need to bathe.
28 days has a unique feeling to horror films, and so does 28 weeks, that's why they are my favs.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by fastlanestoner
the first 2 saws were good. 3 was weak, didn't see 4 or 5. Rob Zombie's Halloween was the best horror movie I've ever seen to be honest.

I also dig High Tension, The Strangers, Session 9, The Hills Have Eyes (the first remake), and the TCM remake.

There's a movie called the Devil's Chair that is supposed to be pretty good too. There's an awesome horror movie site called "Arrow in the Head" check it out.

I love horror movies.

The original Halloween was better. My favorite movie.

Strangers was the best horror movie that came out this year.

Didn't like the remake.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Seannufan you have a nice horror collection.

My favorite director is also Dario Argento.

Return of the Living Dead is a personal favorite of mine, it's such a fun movie to watch. Plus Tarman is one of the best zombie designs ever.
pukeatronic.
im suprised the hellraiser series hasnt been mentioned yet. that move did some serious mental damage to me as a child lol
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
All of George Romero's stuff (even the DOTD remake), cept Diary of the Dead kind of sucked and Land of the dead had a crappy ending. But anything with zombies that isnt made for the Sci Fi channel, old grindhouse flicks like I Drink Your Blood and I Eat Your Skin, not sure if this count as horror but the first Toxic Avenger, Devils Rejects, all the classics (like Texas Chainsaw Massacre) and stuff like Seven.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by LaminaAbIntra
Seannufan you have a nice horror collection.

My favorite director is also Dario Argento.

Return of the Living Dead is a personal favorite of mine, it's such a fun movie to watch. Plus Tarman is one of the best zombie designs ever.

Haha, nice. Yeah Tarman is awesome, and I don't mind having Linnea Quigley in the flick either. Great movie. Whats your favourite Argento film?
"If a body catch a body comin' through the rye."
I never get scared by these movies. I love psychological thrillers though because they can get freaky and that's the closest I get to fear.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Creep and 28 Weeks/Days Later have been the only decent horror films that have been made recently (that I've seen). Is [REC] any good, anyone?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Hard Candy
Dead Alive (Braindead)
American Psycho
House of 1,000 Corpses
Devil's Rejects
Rob Zombie's Halloween
Halloween (original)
Friday The 13th
2001 Maniacs
Hellraiser
Midnight Meat Train
Candyman

dragen_EDIT:

Oh and whoever said Begotten, +31486416753154643216753164351687154

Foking amazing movie.
Quote by Perfection 101
If we all had this guy's clarity of thought, world peace would ensue

Quote by Zugunruhe
incidentally, there are absolutely no results for "bizzare anal kazoo" on google.

Last edited by dragen_slair at Nov 8, 2008,
any of ya'll seen Session 9?

im watched this one recently and it blew my mind. good horor flick.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Is [REC] any good, anyone?

[REC] > Quarantine

I watched a gem of a zombie flick last night called Dance of the Dead. Bloody and funny!!! (or "bloody funny" for all the Brits!)
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
Quote by life_777
You're right about Britain and there films these days...But I still like them asian horror movies. Probably Cuz im asian Idk...

I think there have been a handful of brilliant horror films from the Far East, but for some reason, I'm not a huge fan of that style of cinema - maybe the visuals are too similar to Manga in some cases, and that really puts me off.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Well in the asian film department is getting kind of old....It's always some asian ghost girl with long straight Black hair over her face and scaring people...

Britian, I think makes lots of Zombie related stuff...

Middle East, I have no word on them...

American Films- Are mostly one man slasher films..

South America- Idk...
Last edited by life_777 at Nov 8, 2008,
Some Italian horror movies are beyond ****ed up. Cannibal Holocaust anyone?

My favourites have to be [REC], 28 Days/Weeks Later, and George A Romero series.

I think some people overlook Romero's movies, they're more about how a society copes with the zombie apocalypse than the zombies munching on your face. Land Of The Dead, for example, is about the rising gap between the rich (Fiddler's Green where the rich and powerful live) and the poor (the people in the slums). Day Of The Dead (the original) deals with the struggle between the scientists and the army, and so on...

The remakes are action horrors, IMO. I enjoy them, but they focus more on humans kicking ass.
My personal favorite is Jacobs ladder with Tim Robbins....man that one freaked me out for a while lol
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by A Rolling Stone
My personal favorite is Jacobs ladder with Tim Robbins....man that one freaked me out for a while lol

That's about the disturbed Vietnam vet, isn't it? I've not seen it, but I've heard great things about it, there's a copy of it on video somehwere in my house.

I wouldn't call it a horror film, but it's in a similar vein to Jacob's Ladder - but The Machinist really freaked me out when I first saw it, great film; Bale's best role, apart from American Psycho.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by bubbaearl
[REC] > Quarantine

I watched a gem of a zombie flick last night called Dance of the Dead. Bloody and funny!!! (or "bloody funny" for all the Brits!)

+1
I came across that while looking for horror movies online. One of the better zombie movies Ive seen recently. It almost rivaled shaun of the dead for me.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by seannufan

• Suicide Club

Old thread revival!

That film could have been so much better if it had better acting. Some of it is piss poor.
Would have helped to have been less confusing too. I kinda understood what it was about, but I had to watch it a couple times through- which didnt help my opinion of it since the acting was terrible.

Theres being arty, and then theres being pretentious. It was an ok film though.

Alot of you have some really ignorant views on asian cinema, its not all Ring/grudge-esque you know. I guess that can't be helped since there isnt enough exposure of others in the west.

Although I guess it is more of a thriller, '2LDK' is another good asian horror film.
It is about two actresses with totally opposite personalities, sharing an apartment, who have applied for the same role, waiting for the call back.
Over one evening, they slowly irritate and eventually go crazy at each other.

Worth watching.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。