I am looking to change the tone of my rig a bit. I am running an Orange Tiny Terror head through an Epiphone valve junior cab. I love everything about it except with the gain above 7. Its a very grainy, harsh, vintage distortion, and while it's good for Sabbath tones, it's not that good for other stuff I like.

I would like it to be a bit smoother and more modern sounding for and I'm thinking a speaker change to an Eminence Man O War. According to their tone chart this covers all the genres I play, and puts out the bass/mids/treble the way I want.

My question is, would I get a bigger change in tone from changing the tubes out? The tubes don't seem to light up very much when playing at pretty high volumes, does this mean it could do with a tube change?

Advice appreciated
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
bUMP. No replies

How do I smooth out my harsh grainy drive, and make it a tad more 'American' sounding?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I would change the preamp tube first, cheaper to do. Maybe a JJ tin there would smooth out some of the harshness. Then go for a speaker. Even if the tube doesn't do much you still have a spare one after the fact.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13