I have settled on a guitar for my second build. I want to build one similar to Glen Tipton's GT Custom, the one that looks like a mutant explorer that is angular.

Does anyone have any plans or templates or even good, headon photos. Every picture I have found is at an angle. I think I have free handed something that looks right but a better picture would be better.

Thanks.
Thanks for the pictures. The second one is really great.

I plan to do the entire documentation photo documentation.
Quote by Rusty_Chisel
Thanks for the pictures. The second one is really great.

I plan to do the entire documentation photo documentation.

sweet, are you taking a replica sort of approach or just using the body shape?
Probably just using the basic shape. I think that a bubinga or cocabola top would look really nice with the shape. My next door neighbor runs an antique refinishing business. I am going to pick his brain for a good finish.
I dunno, it's all in the eye of the beholder, but I say far out shapes go well with great paint jobs, not classy natural finishes (of course I've seen a few exceptions). Just cause you get the chance to knock out both a nice wood finish and crazy shape in one project doesn't mean you should. Is that a full body picguard in the pics or just a two-tone finish? A full body pickguard would/does look pretty hot on a shape that crazy.

Damnit, now I want to make a bootsy collins star bass.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I dunno, it's all in the eye of the beholder, but I say far out shapes go well with great paint jobs, not classy natural finishes (of course I've seen a few exceptions). Just cause you get the chance to knock out both a nice wood finish and crazy shape in one project doesn't mean you should. Is that a full body picguard in the pics or just a two-tone finish? A full body pickguard would/does look pretty hot on a shape that crazy.

Damnit, now I want to make a bootsy collins star bass.

agreed, case in point, RR guitars. I think the clear finishes on them look kinda crap (i think they're usually flamed maple)

98% sure its a two tone finish