Protest the hero, between the buried and me etc etc

What do you guys think about it?

Any great bands you REALLY into?
See, I don't take Mathcore as a real genre. Even though I love bands labeled it.
It's just a stupid made up name.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Sikth.
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore
Quote by o_hai_dere
So you're honestly telling me BTBAM is not metal?

Or are you just that ignorant?

BTBAM is metal, just not on UG. They are also shit.
Mathcore isn't metal. End of. And I'm sure there's a big ole thread somewhere that's not in the metal forum dedicated to these type of bands.

I'm gonna take a guess and say you didn't search.
Quote by o_hai_dere
So you're honestly telling me BTBAM is not metal?

Or are you just that ignorant?

BTBAM are not mathcore

And mathcore. It's not hard to figure out where it should be. In fact, I'm sure there's already a thread.

EDIT:
Quote by metal Lover

o rly?

The giant BTBAM thread disagrees.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Broadsword
Mathcore isn't metal. End of. And I'm sure there's a big ole thread somewhere that's not in the metal forum dedicated to these type of bands.

I'm gonna take a guess and say you didn't search.

Go ahead and explain EXACTLY why mathcore isn't metal other then the name

I'll be waiting......
It goes in the hardcore forum. However, Broadsword, I would consider it subgenre of metal, if you were to take away the hardcore forum, then most of thsoe bands would belong in here.
I DO consider mathcore a genre, mostly because I think it describes certain bands better than any other label. Also, BTBAM is probably leaning more towards progressive death metal rather than mathcore.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Quote by o_hai_dere
Doesn't say anything about Mathcore

And as I expected you can't explain how it's not metal

Pretty much all the bands which could be labeled as Mathcore are mentioned there.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by eazy-c
Pretty much all the bands which could be labeled as Mathcore are mentioned there.

BTBAM aren't in there

Fail
Subgenres are ****ing stupid. People care about them so much that they can't even have a simple conversation about a band without bringing up genre bullshit.
Quote by o_hai_dere
BTBAM aren't in there

Fail

BTBAM ARENT ****ING MATHCORE YOU IDIOT.

**** OFF AND DELETE THIS THREAD.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by facethewaste
Subgenres are ****ing stupid. People care about them so much that they can't even have a simple conversation about a band without bringing up genre bullshit.
You DO realise that this entire thread is about a genre, right?

newaiz, u r st00p'd.

*reported*
Quote by metal Lover

NO U
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by eazy-c
BTBAM ARENT ****ING MATHCORE YOU IDIOT.

**** OFF AND DELETE THIS THREAD.

Is the genre nazi mad?

I'm still waiting for you to explain how Mathcore isn't metal
Quote by misanthropy_inc
You DO realise that this entire thread is about a genre, right?

newaiz, u r st00p'd.

*reported*

I realize this...
id say Btbam are def. prog something... not mathcore by any means...

there early stuff has more a metalcore feel, there later stuff has a techy proggy feel..
Quote by o_hai_dere
Is the genre nazi mad?

I'm still waiting for you to explain how Mathcore isn't metal

No one said it wasn't metal. However, it's not allowed in the metal forum so kindly delete this thread.
Quote by ChemicalFire