Of recording, playing, miking, amp settings, etc.

For me, it's all about stereo and chorus/flange that's barely noticeable.

What about you guys?
Check out my music, if you please.
Turn the bass way up and everything else way down.

The way it should be.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Metal!!!!
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
I like to get powerful distortion and still have the ability to play some dirty cleans, and I always make it where I can lighten up on the distortion if I want to. I play metal stuff and come from a blues rock background, so I like to fuze the two
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
a solid clean sound with a little distortion and reverb thrown in. Mic the entire room to get the ambience and natural reverb, and I'm set.
Ibanez AS103BM
Ibanez ART400
Samick Acoustic
I just pick up my acoustic guitar and play.

No style lol.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Bare bones.

I plug streight into my amp, 6 on gain, 2 on mids, bass around 3.5, and use my volume knob to control my tone. Works out great, I can play everything on the spectrum. Got a Sm57 on a mic boom, and I play whatever I'm feeling. Usually hard rock/metal, sometimes funk, sometimes blues, whatever. My setup gives me a great range
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Nov 7, 2008,
like reddeath959 i also come from a more classic/bluesy/rock background. my dad listens pink floyd, led zeppelin, BB king, cream etc...and my mom listens spanish guitar and stuff from mexico.

and i listen that as well but i also listen metal, death metal and whatnot. so i like doing bluesy/melodic solos. i love using lots of gain and dirty cleans but also im a huge fan of acoustic. i despise lots of mids and bass, i love lots of treble with small amounts of bass and mids.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Mostly clean tones with a slight overdrive when needed and a nice reverb.

Heavily effected but absolutely nothing that I have to add using a computer;
Everything I do is done solely with a guitar and whatever else I can pic up with a mic.
When it comes to playing guitar, I have a unique style all my own and so do you.
That is the beauty of the guitar.

As far as settings, I love experimenting with sound!

I quess my favorite is a heavy/distorted sound with lots of feedback!!!

Quote by reddeath959
I like to get powerful distortion and still have the ability to play some dirty cleans, and I always make it where I can lighten up on the distortion if I want to. I play metal stuff and come from a blues rock background, so I like to fuze the two

Oh, btw,
Crate VTX65:
Low- 7.9
Mid- 3.4
High-8.3
Volume-5.6
Digitech Grunge pedal:
Output-10
Low-9
High-8
Grunge-7/10/rarely <5

That's about all I have until I get a job
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
There's no such thing as too much treble.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
There's no such thing as too much treble.

i mean that i use my treble setting at 8-10.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
never tried deep frying a baby, but I know what I want from life.

"A baby's arm holding an apple!"
on 3 band eq is bass at 10 mid a 6 and treble at 8. I always use reverb and usually some chorus or a phaser. occiasionally with bruce kulick era kiss stuff i add delay
Vox AD30-VT

"Metal"
Gain - 10
Volume - 10
Treble - 8
Middle - 5
Bass - 7
Reverb - Yaaaa.

And Acoustic:

Prescence - Max
Treble - Half
Middle - Just under max
Bass - Max
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by crowmoto
never tried deep frying a baby, but I know what I want from life.

"A baby's arm holding an apple!"

Where the hell did that come from?
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Fender: Lite Ash Telecaster > BOSS: DD-3 Digital Delay > Laney: LG35R.
Tuning: 2nd string up half-a-step.

Gain: 5
Master Volume: 1/2
Bass: 3
Middle: 4
Treble: 7
Reverb: 5

I play like Justin Broadrick.
Chiming guitar tones. Thick delay.
Scoop the mids, a little bit of reverb and multidelay.

I only play industrial on guitar, so it's just adding to the texture, not playing pretty chords.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Guitar -> Wah (seldom used) -> Delay -> Noise gate -> Amp

That's not really the order that they are in, the noise gate and sometimes the Delay are in the effects chain. My usual settings are as high gain as possible, whilst still retaining clarity and remaining articulate, HUGE mids, followed by large amounts of bass, treble around 6-ish (at most). I don't like shrill trebly tones. The delay is mainly so solos, to add sustain.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
A nice chunky tone, recorded loud to get a good harmonic saturation, with perhaps some reverb or short, subtle delay added from the 'board, depending on the sound I want.

Well, I've never recorded anything, but that's what I'd do.

I like my tone with plenty of mid-range, but lots of gain. Sort of an over-gained rock tone, rather than a metal tone.