I've recently played something like 15 different guitars that appealed to me, within my price range...I liked quite a few of them but I can not decide 100% on what to buy....I go through phases where I wanna buy one guitar, and then another.

What would the people on the internetZ do in this situation?
take your time on deciding a guitar, dont rush into it
if it takes a year to pick the right one for you, well than it takes a year
seriously, dont rush it
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
Quote by CoF-Dean
take your time on deciding a guitar, dont rush into it
if it takes a year to pick the right one for you, well than it takes a year
seriously, dont rush it

Yeah but I really don't wanna keep going back & forth to the guitar store, it's annoying to fit it into my schedule, and it's more annoying to get down there.
yea i understand it would be a nucence going back and forth, but u dont wanna pick the wrong guitar than after a few months regret buying that one, because u wanted a different one
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
take 3hours one weekend go down to your guitar store play the ones u liked. after those few hours and u still can't decide make a top 3 and pick which one looks the best
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
edit:^ also a good idea
do process of elimination like go through which one is the least work (unless you want a trem skip this)
if it is built in a good place ie not china
which one has the most comfortable shape
the best tone
do this and more in the order you feel is the most important
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
First; Take your time. I spent over a year deciding on my strat, couldn't be happier with it.

Second; Just a recommendation, your Jagmaster has two humbuckers, try something with single-coils.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
First; Take your time. I spent over a year deciding on my strat, couldn't be happier with it.

Second; Just a recommendation, your Jagmaster has two humbuckers, try something with single-coils.

I was thinking about an HSS strat, or if i decided on a HH guitar, I'd get them coil tapped.
Quote by Swap-Meet
I was thinking about an HSS strat, or if i decided on a HH guitar, I'd get them coil tapped.

I'd get an HSS strat then; no warranty voiding, and really unless you play cleans you play your bridge humbucker in my experience, and you probably don't do cleans much, being in a grunge/punk band.

Quote by necrosis1193
I'd get an HSS strat then; no warranty voiding, and really unless you play cleans you play your bridge humbucker in my experience, and you probably don't do cleans much, being in a grunge/punk band.

yeah, in my band there's not much cleans, but when I'm just ****ing around in my house I play clean alot
Quote by Swap-Meet
yeah, in my band there's not much cleans, but when I'm just ****ing around in my house I play clean alot

Ah. Well, I can speak from experience that positions 1, 2 and 3 on a strat(the three single-coil only positions on an HSS) sound pretty good for cleans, so that's covered as well.

Quote by necrosis1193
Ah. Well, I can speak from experience that positions 1, 2 and 3 on a strat(the three single-coil only positions on an HSS) sound pretty good for cleans, so that's covered as well.

position 1 is the neck pup I guess?

would the single coils would be better than buckers for sonic youth, the pixies, and dinasaur JR style?
be sure of your choice before you buy and be sure to find out the return policy just incase.
what amp are you playing through because that will affect your tone alot, you may want to try each guitar with the specific amp you'll be using.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
be sure of your choice before you buy and be sure to find out the return policy just incase.
what amp are you playing through because that will affect your tone alot, you may want to try each guitar with the specific amp you'll be using.

I already upgraded my amp a little while ago. I bought a Crate V-50.
Quote by Swap-Meet
position 1 is the neck pup I guess?

would the single coils would be better than buckers for sonic youth, the pixies, and dinasaur JR style?

Sonic Youth; Thurston used a Jazzmaster and, while it's a Fender single-coil, it's not the same, so more or less. Same for Ronaldo.

Pixies; Francis, single-coils, as he played a tele. Joey, humbuckers would be better as he played/plays a Les Paul.

Dinosaur Jr.; J Mascis plays a tele and a Jagur, so I'd say single-coils, but at the same time he also played a Jazzmaster, so again, more or less.

Yeah...I would be interested in a jazzy, but I cant get over how ugly soap bar pups are.

If I can't find a mustang or a jag that i like (much hate for the Black & Chrome Jap jag).

I'll probably settle with a strat

are there any tele's that have strat like necks?
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Nov 7, 2008,
I don't think so, but their bolt-on, so you could probably buy a tele body loaded and get a strat neck and put it on.

I think it would fit. If you like a 72' deluxe though, get the 72' deluxe RI; fancier big heastock bullet truss rod and no mods(Yes, I like 70's Fenders).

Played a bunch more guitars today

James Burton Standard Telecaster..felt great but I'm not really digging the buzz I get from singles with distortion.
Epi LP Standard & Epi LP Custom, both were set up really well, and played great.
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP Studio, sounded great, felt pretty good except for the rough neck.
Highway 1 Strat, didn't like too much this time
Highway 1 Tele, wasn't anything special.

I can't remember the others I tried out, still dunno what I want.