its for a strat..
My strap's thick in terms of width..
levy's just plain black fabric I guess(not leather)
I hang it pretty high,..
just for a performance.. is there a special trick?
i have strap locks so dont worry..
to which direction should I spin and what should my body be doing?
I'm a proud owner of
Gibson SG Standard Heritage Cherry
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Buzz Saw sig w/ EMG 81/85
Squire crap
Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass
ESP/LTD TA-600 Tom Araya sig bass
Vox AD30VT
Fender Bassman 100
Line6 POD X3
Boss ME-50
ill assume your doing it to the squier and not harming a better guitar but throw your guitar up daiagnely to you shoulder with alot of force and basicly do like a hoola hoop motion with your body and arm
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
The trick is not to drop it.

But seriously, I have no idea. I wouldn't risk it.
Member of the Laney Cult
id only try it, for a guitar you wouldnt care if you dropped it, and its good you have strap locks, try learning it with somthing differnt first to get the feel, like if you or a friend has a guitar hero guitar try that to feel how to get the spin, then try it on the guitar you want
Best recommendation would be to not try it but if you must I would recommend a set of strap locks and a strap with a smooth back so that it slides. Then just grab the guitar and swing it up around your body and pray it comes around in one piece.
you'll also need to keep in mind that your cable needs to be long enough to facilitate the spin. you also need a lot of space, last thing you want to do is smack your guitar on a ceiling or wall. then just kind of throw it, i prefer over the shoulder as opposed to around the back, and then its kind of like a hula hoop. just make sure you catch it.
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
this isnt really a skill worth learning, because it can possibly cost you a few hundred bucks. but if you really want to, throw it overtop the shoulder, then do a hoola hoop-ish motion with your body and arm.
i personally, put my hand closer to the headstock, than push down really hard so it spins around your back. make sure to get your right arm out of the way (if you play righty) than when it comes around you have to get your right arm back in through the strap. no easy way of explaining it. try it with a guitar hero controller. thats how i figured it out. or you could go the easy way and do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AZxHRNFgl8&feature=related
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
I wouldn't advise it. I did it with a guitar hero wireless controller once when I was pretty well intoxicated at my ex's beach house...somehow it ended up across the room, and they ended up with a pretty good nick in their refrigerator, and the controller was useless. I can only imagine the tragedy that would follow a real guitar.
Yes. Try it with a Guitar Hero controller first, if you have one. Another thing you could do is get a cardboard cutout. It's not the proper weight, but you can develop the form.
if you ever want to do it with your nice guitar, get a dimarzio cliplock. The cliplock will make sure your guitar doesn't go flying into the ground.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
grab the neck with your right hand and throw it behind you and up over your left shoulder. USE STRAPLOCKS!!!!

its called a bitch-toss by the way
Just buy straplocks, install them and start practicing

You also need a lot of space, so you dont hit anything with that guitar...
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ 320 (Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz)
-Laney LC 30-II tube combo
-Yamaha C-40
-Suzuki steel string acoustic

+Lots of effect pedals and other crap..
I do have straplocks dont worry..
Im righty and I spin mah guitar to the right.
but once my guitar is on my back, I cant get the
body to come infront of me through my left shoulder...
I think I spin hard enough,, is it my body motion thats preventing this?
I'm a proud owner of
Gibson SG Standard Heritage Cherry
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Buzz Saw sig w/ EMG 81/85
Squire crap
Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass
ESP/LTD TA-600 Tom Araya sig bass
Vox AD30VT
Fender Bassman 100
Line6 POD X3
Boss ME-50
Slick strap, straplocks, DO NOT HAVE YOUR GUITAR TOO LOW. What happens is demonstrated in the link below. Try it outside in your yard at first. Don't even try it in your room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDZ6EBzwQx0

While it's not exactly something you should focus on, it is a crowd pleaser.

Quote by mikeyElite

Ok, that's just ****ing awesome.
Last edited by edusty2010 at Nov 8, 2008,
ya ive maybe been able to pull it off 3 times you just throw it and to a hula hoop motion yngwie malmsteen does this a lot i just watched him
With extreme caution.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by teh_shredmaster
I do have straplocks dont worry..
Im righty and I spin mah guitar to the right.
but once my guitar is on my back, I cant get the
body to come infront of me through my left shoulder...
I think I spin hard enough,, is it my body motion thats preventing this?

wait what way r u spinning it over ur left shoulder next first or over ur right boday first?
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
i know how to guitar spin... first you have to get close to a wall then plug a short chord then put on your strap but remove your strap lock and spin it around your NECK
I got it down with my old $80 Squier...I grabbed it by the base of the body and pushed it hard over my left shoulder that way when the neck comes back around, you can grab a hold of it and pull it back into place...I wouldn't dare do it on stage though, the bassist in my old band did it in his previous band it slipped off his shoulder and took a hard dive neck first into the ground and split the neck all the way to the fifth fret, bad news.