does it actually help you gain weight. is it a recommended way? or will just burn up the body fat you already have (which i don't want to do, i want to gain!)
If you want to gain weight, eat a lot and workout. Working out alone will most likely not gain you any weight. Also, go to the Bodybuilding/General Nutrition thread.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
If you wanna gain weight just wear an anvil for a hat... foolproof plan.
Aye the GNC thread is full of a lot of helpful info mate
"Is that the fucking bible?"

"That's Holy Fucking Bible to you"
Well it does burn fat, if your work out correctly. But muscle ways more than fat. So yes you will burn fat but you will gain muscle. But when attempting to gain muscle you life heavy (not to heavy if your young) and to 10-12 reps with that group and move to the next muscle group. When I started to workout, seriously and everyday, i weighed about 125 and I now way 140 and that definetley has to be muscle. In that three months I also went from 11 in arms to 13 in arms (for those of you who think that isnt much, im 13 so for my age that is pretty crazy.

So yes it does. If your young lift properly.

Peace
Lifting weights definitely helps. Only as long as you eat a lot a lot a lot a lot a lot
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Don't make the same mistake I made. I worked out for over 10 years before I made any significant gains.

The reason is, I DID NOT EAT ENOUGH!!!

Working out is the easy part.

If you want to gain weight, you need more food. (protein rich) Fat cannot turn into muscle!

If you eat the same working out as you did not working out you will lose weight! Guauranteed!

Don't be afraid of getting fat like I did. You WILL get a bigger waist, but that is ok because your chest/arms etc will grow too.

Once you gain some weight, a lot of it will be muscle. Hense your calorie burnig will increase, burnig off fat!
So weight training is good for burning fat?
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Good, I love food with protein. My personal fave is eggs.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by McGelie
So weight training is good for burning fat?

If all you want to do is lose fat, I would do a lot of cardio and reduce calories.

However you will get skinny all over.

If you want big muscles and a lean/ripped body, then you want to weight train with a little cardio (caution: Too much cardio can burn off musle)

AND EAT A VERY STRICT DIET!!!

I like to enjoy life. So I am not "ripped" but, I am not fat either. I train with weights about 4 days/week for about 1.5hrs at a time.

I look like I work out. I have fairly big muscles, and feel great!

The original question was how to gain weight/muscle and I hope I have been of some help.

Thanks for reading
please use the bodybuilding/general nutrition thread - you'll find heaps of good info in there and the people who regularly use that thread will be the most helpful to you.
from daylight...
...into darkness