Page 1 of 2
I am 13 and on my own, of my choice, have read 2 books. Im looking to find a book to read. I would like a book that is like a mystery that gets you thinking, its not like a scary haunting mystery, but, well crap I cant explain it but I hope you guys get what I mean.

Peace
If you can get hold of it, Michael Sweeney's Method by Sean Condon was a great book for me, I am also a 13 year old pit go-er who has been forced to read

"Michael Sweeney and his friend Dud are just two of the many invisible nothings at their expensive school. They come from deep in the suburbs and they're not cool or tough or even that brainy. So they're pretty much left alone, until they make friends with the new American guy. And before long, Michael Sweeney is somebody. But that's just the beginning of his troubles. . ."

Mightn't sound interesting but I recommended it to all my friends, they also enjoyed it

PS: 08ers FTW
Last edited by Rock_Rebel at Nov 7, 2008,
I'm pretty sure that I read The Brothers Karamazov when I was thirteen. Or I might have just turned 14. It was a really good book... not sure if you'd be into it, though.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Twilight.

lol. But really, read "Double Exposure" by Brian Caswell. It has a twist at the end that makes you go back and read it all again. And it makes you think as well. Plus it's pretty short.

Also, Watership Down is good, and makes you reflect, even though it's about rabbits.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 7, 2008,

Full Tilt by Neal Shusterman. I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but I remember loving it when I was about your age. It's not a mystery, but it will certainly get you thinking.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
A Clockwork Orange. But if your parents are die-hard Christians, they might dislike it.

Quote by Karvid
I'm pretty sure that I read The Brothers Karamazov when I was thirteen. Or I might have just turned 14. It was a really good book... not sure if you'd be into it, though.

+1
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by evanm31
Read anything by Stephen King (The Stand and It especially)
OR
1984, Brave New World, or anything by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

All good choices...1984 is one of my favorite novels of all time.

Some others you might like that have some mystery are Lord Of The Flies and The Scarlet Pimpernel (though it is nowhere near as dark as some of these). Though they are not primarily mystery novels...

I'm more into the fantasy/sci-fi genre anyway...Terry Brooks is god.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
one with pictures
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by axelmagic
I am 13 and on my own, of my choice, have read 2 books. Im looking to find a book to read. I would like a book that is like a mystery that gets you thinking, its not like a scary haunting mystery, but, well crap I cant explain it but I hope you guys get what I mean.

Peace

So you were 12 when you registered..
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
definately read it by stephen king. its the most underrated piece of american literature ever written.
Fight Club.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.

Sorry for the small pic, but I guess you can read it.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
'American Gods' by Neil Gaiman is great. Clive Barker's 'Weaveworld' and the Abarat series are fantastic as well.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by axelmagic

Peace

You guys, he isn't ****ing around. by his own choice, he's read 2 books. By his own ****ing choice. His powers must be infinite....
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by WyldChylde
You guys, he isn't ****ing around. by his own choice, he's read 2 books. By his own ****ing choice. His powers must be infinite....

But are they maximum?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Harry Potter. Seriously.

Shit guys, he's only 13 and only read 2 books. Give him simple and catching books. Don't give him the damn Clockworks Orange or 1984 although they are awesome.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

The Dark Materials triology by Phillip Pullman.

Closeth thread.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by neopowell
'American Gods' by Neil Gaiman is great. Clive Barker's 'Weaveworld' and the Abarat series are fantastic as well.

I agree with American Gods. Anything by Gaiman really. Where else are you going to find a woman consuming an entire man into her vaj during intercouse?

Graphic Novel, but V for Vendetta is a must read. I've wanted to get into Lovecraft. Going to pick up The Call of Cthulhu today, any other recommendations?
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by GettintheLedout
anything by Michael Crichton.

SPHERE!!!!!!!!!!!

or JP.
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
Finnegan's Wake: James Joyce. ****ed up book. Personally, best read with two hits of acid and you'll be trippin' balls!!!
Knock, Knock

Who's there?

I Fucked your sister

There's only ever been one my friend. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
hp lovecraft compilations are usually win
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
The Dirt. Always.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
1984 is a fantastic book.

I read it when I was 13/14.

Animal Farm is also brilliant, anything by George Orwell will get you thinking.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
1984, definitely...
You might like to try some Neil Gaiman, I read his stuff first when I was 13, and he's one of my favourite authors.
I own an Orange Amp.
Fuck aye Dai.
Page 1 of 2