Hey UG, I'm writing stuff, but I need some inspiration, or something to base a song on. Any suggestions?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Not being allowed to go out with this chick I like.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Parents.
Quote by chip46
That's not it, my problem is I can't get a melody going in my head.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
That's not it, my problem is I can't get a melody going in my head.

Oh... Ok, do you know keys? Like, the key of C major, or whatever? And do you want this song to be fast, or slow? Angry or sad? I'd start with the emotion.
Have you ever heard Dick Dale's Riders in the Sky? That's the kind of mood I want. I don't really know any notes or anything, I'm stuck on a Mini guitar, so I can barely finger the notes, when I get my next guitar, I plan on learning notes.
Quote by chip46
I just gave that song a listen. If your a beginner, I'd learn to play the song. You could make a song using the same techneques as in that song. That song sounds sort of surfing-like. I'd give a listen to some songs by The Ventures. They sound similar. And making songs is difficult for beginners. It'd help to learn a bit of music theory. Learn some major scales. And learn about keys. All songs are in a certain key. Learning keys helps you know what chords sound good together. The scales are helpful for solos. Do some internet searches.
Heh, I can play that, and like 20 other Surf songs. Im UGs Surf Rocker!
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Heh, I can play that, and like 20 other Surf songs. Im UGs Surf Rocker!

Good! I dont know to much about those kinds of songs, like what keys/scales are used in them, but if you want to make a song similar to Riders in the Sky, you could make a song in that same key.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Quote by chip46
Poy?
Quote by chip46
Quote by darkrikku
i think he means pot

Haha I think that pretty much made my day. Not sure why.
something that i do when i try to write is i will listen to bands and songs that influence me and how i try to model my band after the ideas just start flowing then, just try not to copy a song that is already made, just listen to it to get some ideas