Howdy,

On craigs list, I found a Hartke 4x10 Silver Cone cab for 250. I jumped on it because A.) I needed another cab to help out my 1x15 and B.) It was a good steal in my eyes.

Well, I have a SWR working pro 400 head at 400 watts @ 4 ohms. My 1x15 cab is at 8 ohms. I was wondering since the Hartke 4x10 at 8ohms is it okay for me to play this with my rig? I'm pretty positive it will be okay, but I wanted to make sure.

If not, I will try to trade my 4x10 for the 2x10 SWR cab at the local shop. (They want close to 500 $ for that cab)

I know its these questions that have been posted before, but since this is a rather subjective situation I figured I would ask you fine bassists!

Thanks
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Last edited by randomhero65 at Nov 7, 2008,
It sounds like that should be fine. In Ohm-World (as I call it) 8+8=4. 2 8-ohm cabs running in parallel from 1 4-ohm head lets you use the full 400w. That's a good thing. Now, I'm not familiar with the power handling of those cabs, but they should add up to at least 400. If they don't, you'll have to be careful not to push them too hard with the head. However, that shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Did a bit of research, those cabs will handle the power with no problem. You're set.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Last edited by P-Bass Pirate at Nov 7, 2008,
Yeah I was checking that out....Thanks a ton man! I'll pumped now that I have the low end, and now can get the definition i wanted! Thanks!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Hey, no problem. Have fun.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE