hi all

i recently bought a Zakk Wylde Les Paul with Rees on the headstock rather than Gibson. Does anyone know how i might change it to Gibson, or should i take it to a luthier?
Last edited by Pickguard_Ultra at Nov 7, 2008,
if it's painted on then sand it. if its inlaid then you'll have to route it, fill it and reroute it for a new logo
------

Shwiggity.
...You wanna get rid of it because you wanna pass the guitar off as a gibson?

If i'm wrong just say so.
1. buy cheap guitar
2. fake it for gibson
3. ???????????
4. PROFIT!!!!!
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
1. buy cheap guitar
2. fake it for gibson
3. ???????????
4. PROFIT!!!!!

Sounds like a plan....

I did that ounce with a Silvertone. I sanded it and put Fender on it just to see what it would look like.... it didn't turn out to good.
one thing you should take note of is resale value man.

right now it's a Rees. when you sell it, it'll be sold as a Rees
if you change it to gibson, what are you going to sell it as? "Fake Gibson" or "Rees, but i changed the word on the headstock, hope you dont mind" ?
^ +1.

I completely agree, don't make it a 'fake Gibson,' make it a 'Gibson look-alike.'
Quick search for Rees guitars found a place in england and they werent cheap over a grand for the cheapest. They also had nothing remotely like a LP all were strat shaped. So not sure what you have. And trying to copy the gibson logo wont be very easy as it is an inlay. Also it is unlikely to have the same gibson headstock shape or 2 screw truss rod cover. 2 things that would make it obvious it was a fake.