...But I have decided to custom build an electric guitar. Myself.

I know all there is to know about shaping the wood and what-not, I just need some advice on some guts.

I'm going to use a strat style body, and I wanna use two singles and a humbucker, for versatile sound. (I play ska, but alternate from the regular trebly ska sound to the heavy, distorted hardcore punk sound a lot)

I was thinking maybe Lace Sensors for the singles, but idk what kind of humbucker to use. Please recommend some.

I'm also using a five-way switch, so, yeah.

And... Thats all i feel like putting for now. I typed a long ass post about this same thing, but the power died here, so i lost it. Anyway, I need you to recommend some pickups, in short.

Also, is maple an okay wood to use for the body? (I'musing it on the neck, for sure).

Thanks.

P.S.

Again, please don't give me crap about this. I'm NOT uneducated or anything, so its not like this is a stupid decision.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

Dimarzio Tone zone, Evo, Emgs,D activator, Seymore duncan super distortions, Any high output pickup shoud be fine. My all time favorite are the Evos, they are tight and have much output
Okay. High output for the singles, the humbucker, or both? Because i want to be able to range fro, high pitched, trebly sound, to dark sounds, like you would get on a LP when the three way is set to "Rhythym". If that makes sense.
With enough money saved you will buy a new straw skirt and coconut bikini, a airplane ticket back to civilization and a large Mesa Boogie amp and a Gibson Explorer and shred the faces off with METALLICA!

If you are going to use maple for the body, you'll want to use a dark humbucker like the Duncan Invader. Maple is a very dense wood that has a really bright tone.

If I were building it, I'd make the body out of something a little more "neutral" sounding like poplar and put a duncan JB in the bridge. The lace sensors will sound fine though.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar