It seems as though every guy my age can't get enough of this film, and, wondering what the big deal was, borrowed my friend's copy and watched it. I found nothing in the film that was original or interesting in any way.

First off, the story doesn't make any damn sense. Two guys just happen to off two mafia guys(in, by the way, one of the most awkward and forced looking scenes I've ever scene) and then decide that they should take on the life of vigilantes? And suddenly, two guys who were working at a meat packing plant were gunning down professional mafia assassins left and right? Suspension of disbelief is one thing, but that was just ridiculous.

Secondly, the dialogue was abysmal. It was just profanity laced and full of bad puns. It sounded like the script was written by a fourteen year old trying to rip off Quentin Tarantino.

The contrived dialogue is only accentuated by the sub-par acting, featuring the WORST IRISH ACCENTS I'VE EVER HEARD IN ANY MOVIE! Yes, worse than Connery in the Untouchables. And then, they got Billy Connolly, quite possibly the most Scottish person in the world, to play the protagonists' father? Willem Defoe was just trying to hard. His over the top performances are usually fun to watch, but here it was just embarrassing, ie: "THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!"

The action scenes were somewhat entertaining; lots of gunplay, slow-motion, etc. But nothing that the likes of John Woo hadn't done before(and much better, btw)

The only remotely entertaining part of this movie was the part when the cat got shot. But the thing that makes this movie so bad, in my opinion, is the people that salivate over it. It's not like they even think that the movie is just a fun mindless action movie, they think it's truly a work of artistic cinema!

I know I shouldn't really care, but dammit I just needed to get this out.
I'll play it and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis
No.... the worst ever Irish accent in a movie was Richard Gere in The Jackal. If anyone can find a worse one than that I will eat my otter.
william dafoe single handedly ruins boondock saints. i want to edit him out like they did with jar jar. without him it would be great.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Yeah man, mad boring. The only time that movie was good was when a we played a drinking game and every time they said the F word, we'd drink. Good times.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I have to admit, when I was younger it was one of my favorite movies.

but then again, I have this insane fetish for irishmen...even one with "bad" accents.

ideal man = musical sweetheart of irish descent with tattoos, muscle, an accent and a drinking problem. is that too much to ask ? lol
The way to make that movie awesome:

Drink and drink and drink and drink and THEN watch the movie....
Quote by Perfection 101
If we all had this guy's clarity of thought, world peace would ensue

Quote by Zugunruhe
incidentally, there are absolutely no results for "bizzare anal kazoo" on google.

it's funny/entertaining. you're thinking about it too much

write a blog about it the next time you want to get something off your chest.
from daylight...
...into darkness