I"ve been saving up for a Fender Hot Rod Series Blues Junior but my friend showed me this http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-V-Series-V50-112-50W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-487054-i1322695.gc with even more watts and at a price that's less than half of the Blues Junior. My question is that is this particular Crate a good amp with 50W and only $199.99? The last time I bought a "good" pedal for 30 bucks, the tone turned out to be too muddy and the gain knob was broken.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
get the fender
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
Well, do you need 50 watts? Keep in mind that at gigs you can mic the amp normally. Have you played the Blues Junior? Are you in love with it? What styles do you play?
I would get the Fender. People might tell you otherwise, but Crate stuff is okay at best. Fender however, makes some very high quality stuff, and their amps, this one especially, will not disappoint you. Just save up and get the Fender.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
The Crate's a good amp, just got it a week or so ago. Good tone, nice distortion, but I'd recommend getting pedals for it.

But try the amps out for yourself.
Depends - what music are you going to play? The Fender is pretty limited in terms of what styles it can play.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I usually play bluesy classic rock stuff (Aerosmith, AC/DC) and some modern alternative rock stuff (the Strokes, Foo Fighters). As for whether or not I need 50w I just practice at home although my friend wants to start a band so I guess I would need a good amp for rehearsal as well.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
I don't know about these specific amps; however, I recently purchased a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue. From my experience with that, I would say get the Fender because Fender's quality is always excellent.
I would go with the fender. I have a 15watt tube right now and never go above 1/2 of the volume capability, I just don't need to. Also, like they said before fender makes some high quality stuff. Never heard anything bad about them, but Crate I've heard is so so.
You really have to decide on which one sounds better to you, but I'd go for Fender over Crate.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
So if my friend decides to start playing multiple styles opposed to just playing the blues, the Crate with a bunch of pedals would be better?
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Then why do most say that the Blues Junior is better?

EDIT: and wow, its kinda split in two o_o
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by forsaknazrael
A lot of people see "Fender", and run with it. But I think the Crate is a better value.

I beg to differ here. The Fender is much better quality, build and overall value for money than the Crate.
Quote by akack
Shop downtown had a fresh shipment of Vs.

Which one?
I live in Mumbai...i need to get me a V. Or atleast try em out!
PM me!
Quote by akack
I beg to differ here. The Fender is much better quality, build and overall value for money than the Crate.

+1
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by akack

I don't really think so.
The Fender costs twice as much brand new. Now if we were talking about a used Blues Junior and the Crate, you'd have more of a case.
The Crate has more gain, more clean headroom, two channels.
The Fender has better build quality, I'll give you that.
But the Crate is a better value, IMO. It's a good amp.
The Crate V-Series is good quality. It's probably not the best, but if you're looking for the best, you have to pay dearly for it. I've owned two of their 1st series of amps (the V1512 and VFX5212) for two years, I really like their tone and grit, and I have had no issues with their reliability.
When testing tube amps out this summer at Guitar Center, the Fender Blues Junior NOS was the only one that sounded perfect. I remember the crate, and it didn't have anywhere near the tone of the Fender Blues Junior. If you're into Classic Rock, Rock, Blues Rock, or Blues, you will not be upset with the Blues Junior NOS. It's well worth the extra money.