Hey guys, i dont know how this happened but the HO/LP switch on my OCD is ****ed.

its kind of like the switch has pushed down into the pedal, i guess thats potentially what happened but ive never dropped the pedal or anything and i have no idea when that might have occurred.

i'm going to see if its covered by warranty and everything but i was wondering if anybody knew if it was possible to fix myself because i live in australia and if i had to ship it to california and back, well, i'd rather not you know.

thanks guys
Quote by Martindecorum
well take it apart see what has happened, most likley something has just cracked or wobbled out a bit, if it was that u could try fix it or your local store will do it but its nothing major

yeah, i have had a look inside but whatever has gone wrong has gone wrong inside the switch, i'll make a diagram and come back

EDIT: not really a diagram but whatever

its not like the whole thing is loose inside the pedal, the metal tab bit that you flick on or off is completely loose inside the rest of the switch assembly kind of thing

im guessing it probably needs replacing but i was just wondering if something had just come loose and if i play with it for a bit i could get it back into position or anything
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Nov 8, 2008,
If the toggle part is loose the post that holds it in place is broken. This happened on one of my guitars different switch but same principle. I just had to get a replacement. Pretty easy, De-solder it (making a diagram of wire placement) take it to the Austrailian equivalent to a Radio shack type place and they can get you a new one. Solder it up and your back in business. If the switch in the pic is yours then it's got the specifications right on the side.
Quote by newk8600
If the toggle part is loose the post that holds it in place is broken. This happened on one of my guitars different switch but same principle. I just had to get a replacement. Pretty easy, De-solder it (making a diagram of wire placement) take it to the Austrailian equivalent to a Radio shack type place and they can get you a new one. Solder it up and your back in business. If the switch in the pic is yours then it's got the specifications right on the side.

hmm, thats what i thought it might have been but i was kinda hoping that it wasnt something like that.

i've got a mate who rates himself with a soldering iron so he should be able to give me a hand, im alright on guitar electronics but this is a little bit more fidly then that and i dont wanna **** anything up.

cheers, i might let it be for a while, it seems to be stuck in the position i always had it set to anyway so its no big deal for the moment. still a pain in the arse though