Page 1 of 2
can u tell me if thats amp will be ok
with line6 podx3 live and line 6 uber metal
i play death metal....
it should be fine. line 6 makes good stuff for metal.

COMEDY! PROGRESSIVE! PUNK!

Quote by darkrikku

MY SETUP
ESP Ltd. F-100FM
DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
John Pearse #2500 Strings
Crate GTX65
Behringer Ultrastack BG412H
I don't know if it will be good with your line 6 gear, but with an eq pedal it can do metal really well, especially thrash.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by Horlicks
That sounds awful.
What the hell is wrong with you?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Horlicks
That sounds awful.

What is so "awful" about that sound? Care to explain? Because you're not helping anyone, just confusing. To me, it sounded just like the kind of metal tone you use to hear when you hear a metal song somewhere and I heard nothing wrong with it.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
^I thought it was lacking high end bite that you can get from some of the "good metal amps" but I wouldn't call it awful. All and all the tone was very average and bland. I guess that could have been due to recording and video compression too.

I think the TT is a good amp for somebody that does a little bit of everything but sticks mostly to classic rock. The crunch and mild distortion on the amp are great while It's reasonable metal and clean tones are nothing write home about.
Not taking any online orders.
What's with all the hatred against Orange, horlicks?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Yes, yes it can.

I tried the combo at the shop, using my Strat with a LOW (Duncan TBAPH) output bucker at the bridge, an MI Audio Blues Pro on the ground and into the amp.

I set the amp for a quite crunchy tone from the start, then I could get a nice clean sound using just the Strat, and when back to full volume and hitting the Blues Pro I got a SHITLOAD of gain. And I mean, A LOT of gain. And this means, A LOT of gain. Well you get what I mean.

Without the boost it also had enough gain for most metal, but it wouldn't clean up as well nor sound as tight.
Quote by CorduroyEW
^I thought it was lacking high end bite that you can get from some of the "good metal amps" but I wouldn't call it awful. All and all the tone was very average and bland. I guess that could have been due to recording and video compression too.

I think the TT is a good amp for somebody that does a little bit of everything but sticks mostly to classic rock. The crunch and mild distortion on the amp are great while It's reasonable metal and clean tones are nothing write home about.

+5

for a classic rock voiced amp, it can put out passable metal tones.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Horlicks
No.The TT is overpriced crap anyway.

You really are an opinionated turkey.
Like a Gabel MKII, although he's more helpful.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Last edited by jimbob78 at Nov 8, 2008,
There are in most cases - better amps for the money, if you're playing death metal.

Often times the gain associated with metal is derived soley from the preamp, and with the TT you'll be driving the powertubes in any sort of band situation. Powertube overdrive is more commonly associated with the classic rock sound.

For metal you'll probably do better to get an amp with more headroom.

Also - with a good amp, voiced to your genre - you won't need the uber metal. If you plan to use the pod xt, you'll also probably want an effects loop (which the TT lacks if I'm not mistaken).
Quote by Horlicks
That sounds awful.

Horlicks: The Simon Cowell of UG.

It's not that bad at all, I think it would be much better if it were well recorded.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
^that is all down to his tonebone pedal. I have a tonebone classic myself and know from 1st hand experience that the tones that the tone that guy is getting doesn't need a good tube amp, it can be gotten with any reasonable solid state and the tonebone classic.
IMO, the Tiny Terror's best metal tone is with the gain on 2 o'clock and a 800Hz boost, which gives a tight thrash tone, with ample gain. Probably not good for modern death metal though, and you will really need a bassist in a band situation to make up for the lack of very low bass.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

horlicks thinks he's all that

/facepalm

but he's got a point. If you're looking for a metal tone, stay clear away from the tiny terror.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by CorduroyEW
^that is all down to his tonebone pedal. I have a tonebone classic myself and know from 1st hand experience that the tones that the tone that guy is getting doesn't need a good tube amp, it can be gotten with any reasonable solid state and the tonebone classic.

He clearly states in the description that he uses the amp with an MXR boost pedal for the first video. The second video I'm not sure about, but he shows the amp and then a tubescreamer so I assumed that is what he used.
Man a Orange Amp is like the holy grail of cool Im saving up for a tiny terror head to go with my 5150 head the orange for cleans of course but still an Orange TT's can kick out some sweet Metal tones

of course your going to need an OD metal on it a tubescreamer can do the job boss makes a few OD petals a metal muff is supposed to be really good.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
He clearly states in the description that he uses the amp with an MXR boost pedal for the first video. The second video I'm not sure about, but he shows the amp and then a tubescreamer so I assumed that is what he used.

the "^" means I was talking about the post directly above mine. In that post he linked to a video that showed a tonbone radial classic. I know from from personal experience that his tone was down the the tonebone. The original video was the one I said was sub par in terms of metal tone.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Nov 8, 2008,
Quote by CorduroyEW
The second vid is what I was talking about in that post and he showed a tonbone radial classic in the video and I know from the tone he was getting and from personal experience with exactly the same equipment that most of his tone was down the the tonebone.

However, he also shows the tiny terrors with the gain turned right up, therefore most of the tone comes from the tiny terrors.
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Quote by FischmungaXTR
However, he also shows the tiny terrors with the gain turned right up, therefore most of the tone comes from the tiny terrors.

No, the tone is shaped by the pedal before it ever gets to the amp. The amp just makes it louder. I like the TT, don't get me wrong, but the "metal tone" that guy was getting was his tonebone and not his amp. Power amp distortion sounds nothing like preamp distortion and what you were hearing in the last clip was preamp distortion caused by a 12ax7 valve.
Quote by CorduroyEW
...and what you were hearing in the last clip was preamp distortion caused by a 12ax7 valve.

But how many? the tiny terror's two 12ax7's do sound like that last video.

Anyway i'm sure at least some of that last video was all amp, and some was mostly tonebone.
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Quote by Jinskee
horlicks thinks he's all that

/facepalm

but he's got a point. If you're looking for a metal tone, stay clear away from the tiny terror.

jin i know it's been a while, but since you've been gone the facepalm has become a smiley out of popular demand.

see?
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

I don't like the tone he gets in the TT Twins video... I dont know, maybe it's just me.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by UnsignedRecords
jin i know it's been a while, but since you've been gone the facepalm has become a smiley out of popular demand.

see?

I FACEPALM AT THE FACEPALM SMILEY

<3 you, jon
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
why!?

Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by FischmungaXTR
But how many? the tiny terror's two 12ax7's do sound like that last video.

Anyway i'm sure at least some of that last video was all amp, and some was mostly tonebone.

Yes and no... The distortion in the second video was all pedal while the overall "tone" was all amp. The 1st video was more amp in terms of distortion and was a much better representation of what the amp can do.

Again, I like the TT and I think it's a very good amp, just not all the good for metal. That said, the best classic rock amps (including the ones I build myself) don't do metal very well. It's just one of those things.
there is no way in hell a Tiny Terror (much less a "Tinny" Terror) could pull off death metal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
I wouldn't say its for Death Metal, but you can get nice Heavy Metal tone.

Although, they're so expensive in Australia, im getting a Buger 333XL combo, for a lesser price.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
By death metal, you mean old school like Death, or Cannibal Corpse?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by FischmungaXTR

thank you for proving my point.

he's using a boost pedal, and all the bass from his tone is coming from the compression of the video.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
if i use my pod x3 live and uber metal will i get quite nice sound ?
i just need small valve amp head to using at home thats all ,or maybe u know some other small valve heads for reasonable price?
Page 1 of 2