Page 1 of 4
Edit: Signed to Napalm Records! Great folk/power/thrash with an emphasis on pirates. Wroth a listen for sure.

Official
Last edited by Mr. President at Jan 25, 2008,
Lol, & hear I thought pirate metal would stop with Verbal Deception & Running Wild.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Link doesn't work.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Hey! Hey! I want more wenches! Hey! Hey! More wenches and mead! Hey! Hey! I want more wenches, lots of wenches is what I need!
I Battleheart. One of my favorite new bands. "Nancy the Tavern Wench" is my favorite of their songs.
Heard em a while back, 'Terror on the high seas' is soo good
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Any one heard their re-recording of their song Over The Seas - it sounds incredible, they've really improved since the first version of the song.

Its on their myspace.
lol. I found them while looking around aim-lessly on the "Ultimate Metal" forum (Steve DiGiorgio has a forum ). What actually got my attention was a post by Herman Li (yes the real one from Dragonforce) & in his sig was a banner "TRUE SCOTTISH PIRATE METAL!" and I was like ..... "Now I HAVE to check that out..!"

I downloaded a demo (self titled), great stuff. I showed my mates a song or two (their girlfriends just whined the whole time "Play something we know" & "Why do you always listen to such weird Music!" - ). Yeah that "Nancy the tavern wench" one was pretty cool, a good 'sing-a-long' type song
Quote by Kepulix
I love the sound of doom in the morning, it sounds like... victory
If you liked the first demo, download the second demo ASAP. Its like the first, but with better production and more 'piraty' vocals.
I just heard about them last night. They're pretty cool.

Hey Hey, I want more wenches! lol
<Omri> I love trannys too..
meh! introduced me to these guys, apparently his friend's brother is in the band or something like that.

Really dig the music I've heard from them
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Good stuff.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
These guys changed their name to Alestorm, and got signed to Napalm Records!

"Alestorm - Scottish Pirate Metal

Napalm Records is proud to announce the signing of Scotland's very own ALESTORM. The quartet plays Scottish Pirate Metal by their own definition and musically resembles the great Battle Metal bands such as KORPIKLAANI or Turisas, albeit with a unique touch and Scottish instrumentation. They currently find themselves in the studio recording their debut and recently completed a shoot with master photographer Steve Brown (Turisas, Bullet for My Valentine). Scene great Monozelle will design cover and layout. ALESTORM's debut is scheduled for a February 2008 release."
Quote by Telecaster_AGY

it works, but isn't to the the battleheart myspace
crit my drawings with comments in profile! thanks
(just go to the pictures section)

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I agree with him

Also, wtf's a buttplug? If its something u put in her ass, then what the f*ck's ur penis for? Enlighten me pit monkehs (Y)
Quote by mr kipling
Alestorm is a better name than Battleheart, to be honest.

Yes, I agree. And now I have an official release to look forward to...
They sound fantastic, I love this band. Much better than Turisas
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
Quote by KillEmAll
They sound fantastic, I love this band. Much better than Turisas

I agree.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Napalm records keeps getting better and better, they have Ahab, Asmegin, Falkenbach, Summoning, TYR, and now Alestorm. Imagine the touring possibilities .
Quote by Mr. President
Napalm records keeps getting better and better, they have Ahab, Asmegin, Falkenbach, Summoning, TYR, and now Alestorm. Imagine the touring possibilities .

Too bad Summoning and Falkenbach dont play live.
"We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly
decomposed state"
I don't know about being better than Turisas, but this band is a lot of fun to listen to.
Quote by megaderrick
I don't know about being better than Turisas, but this band is a lot of fun to listen to.

+1

Downloading their demo now, sounds good.

EDIT: Oh god, the vocals are horrible in their first EP/demo/whatever (it's listed as a demo on their myspace, yet MA has it as an EP, yet admiteddly they are classed as Heavy/Power metal), I'll download their second one ASAP.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Last edited by mike130 at Sep 4, 2007,
The vocals do suck on the first demo, I've heard that there was a problem recording tracks on time. Whatever the problem was, it got fixed by the second EP, which is pretty much perfect.
Meh, liked the name Battleheart better, but the new one's all right too.

Looking forward to a proper album.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Mr. President
The vocals do suck on the first demo, I've heard that there was a problem recording tracks on time. Whatever the problem was, it got fixed by the second EP, which is pretty much perfect.

The production on the 2nd EP is better, but I feel it lacks that epic-ness that made the first one sweet.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Page 1 of 4