Ive gotten sick and tired of my muddy EB-0 and decided to get a new bass some time soon im open to recommendations but these are the ones im considering

i only want to spend 300 maybe 350

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-CLASSIC-VIBE-Precision-50s-Bass-Guitar-?sku=519743

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Standard-P-Bass-Special-4String-Bass-Guitar?sku=510569

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SRX300-Electric-4String-Bass-Guitar?sku=519575

i might even consider this jazz bass even though the one i played, i thought the neck was a tad thin..
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-CLASSIC-VIBE-Jazz-60s-Bass-Guitar-?sku=519578

thanks all

oh might help if i told you that i play mainly hard-rock and some softer pop rock like the killers or panic at the disco...and that im starting a band with some friends soon
I would help you, but I can't look at musicians friend or gc's website. It only serves to remind me how much more gear costs here in australia. This.... displeases me greatly. Go a fender P or J, whichever one floats your boat buddy

Sanity is not statistical
The SRX is what i'd recomend, however try them all
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Squier P or J, which ever you prefer
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
The special precision is my favourite. I would plump for the Ibanez in Red if I couldn't get that though.
Quote by DeltaFunk
Squier P or J, which ever you prefer

ive played the jazz bass before and liked the tone but did really care for the neck...never played a p-bass before but its tone is more deep and thumping correct?
The neck on the Ibanez would be thinner than the jazz bass, not by much. But a little.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by froggyman
ive played the jazz bass before and liked the tone but did really care for the neck...never played a p-bass before but its tone is more deep and thumping correct?

sort of they are hard to discribe play before you buy also het the squire vm basses those are amazing
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
sort of they are hard to discribe play before you buy also het the squire vm basses those are amazing

i will definately do...however i want a brighter tone such....i hate the muddy bs my EB-0 throws out
I have the SRX390, a set up from the SRX300 you have shown. It's pretty amazing compared to basses of similar price. Tiny neck and MM style humbuckers. To me it's like the combination of a Fender Jazz and an Ernie Ball Music Man. I've only played a starter pack Squier so it's hard to say...

Edit: DEFINITELY the Ibanez SRX if you're wanting a bright tone. The 2 band EQ will allow you much control.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Last edited by CLIFF_BURTON at Nov 8, 2008,
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
I would help you, but I can't look at musicians friend or gc's website. It only serves to remind me how much more gear costs here in australia. This.... displeases me greatly. Go a fender P or J, whichever one floats your boat buddy

i know how u feel
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
go for a squier classic vibe jazz bass
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.