Great song, very melodic.

I love the lead guitar in it and the acoustic sounds awesome, could be a little longer though and that's always a good sign
I would classify it as a Metal or Rock ballad maybe.

Great song 9/10
I absolutely love it. Honestly. The melodies are absolutely perfect. The lead works so well with the acoustic. Everything just sounds so good together. Very relaxing as well. 10/10 for you! My only complaint is the sound of the arpeggios, but there is nothing to can do about that.

crit mine if you get the chance? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995328
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
Sup bro, thanks for Critting my song.

Right, this song isnt somthing id usually listen to but it sounds soooo good. the intro riff really sets the tone for the layers that come over the top.

The bass line is real aparent in the begining. it really stood out for me.

I didnt really like the stagato on the lead after bar 40

The jazz guitar and the 12 string work so well together.

its got potential but id maybe make it longer. and cut the lead part down

Cheers

Ben
I'd like to thank you all for critiquing my latest. I didn't think it would be so accepted, but it's really a thrill for me that it won you over. I have attached below the final (for now) version. I'm sure I'll pick at it a few months down the road.

Wesku2
I'd thought about making it a little longer, but I'm usually pretty terrified of adding to something after I've made the bass tracks. They're hard for me to keep track of what goes where, sometimes. Beyond that, I wouldn't know where to take it. I could basically do a repeat of what's there already, or completely change up the tune, but .. that would take away from the feeling of the music, I think.

Nunwhxre 666
I'm glad you liked it, really. ..When I wrote this, I actually tabbed out just the rhythm part and had it playing in a loop, then I used my webcam to film myself improvising over it, and took the more memorable pieces to place in the song. I was kind of worried that it wouldn't pan out so well, since when I improvise my playing I play what I feel is right, not what theory says should be (at least timing wise, in most cases). From there, I just cleaned it up a bit.

For the arpeggios, should I assume you mean the triplet 16ths, like in bar 13? I do admit, the clash with the bassline, somewhat. It's all a little muddled in there.

BKGMorley
About the bassline, thanks. ..I wanted to go for a more "staggering" approach to it during the 1st theme, and a kind of triumphant sound during the second. ..It's kind of a story of "no I can't, yes I can".
For making it longer, I'm not really sure if I could, without taking away from the whole. ..And .. make the lead smaller? I just couldn't. I did, however, come to a compromise with the staccato in the lead. ..As well as a few minor adjustments with some tonality issues I was finding.
Attachments:
A Star Too Far Away.zip
Quote by piquet

For the arpeggios, should I assume you mean the triplet 16ths, like in bar 13? I do admit, the clash with the bassline, somewhat. It's all a little muddled in there.

Actually, I mean the ACTUAL arpeggios. Like can be found in measure 1, 2, 3, etc. I never did care for the sound of Powertab arpeggios. Lol.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!